J&J Family of Companies Program Leader, TB Focus Area Strategy Team (Senior Director) in Beerse, Belgium
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Program Leader, TB Focus Area Strategy Team (Senior Director) within the Johnson & Johnson Global Services organization. This position can be seated in New Brunswick, NJ; Somerville, NJ; Beerse, Belgium; or Singapore.
Caring for the world, one person at a time inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science – bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. We have more than 275 operating companies in more than 60 countries, with more than 128,700 employees. Our worldwide headquarters is located in New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Johnson & Johnson Global Services, the global shared services organization supporting the businesses of Johnson & Johnson, performs select functional work in a consistent manner across regions and sectors using simplified, standardized end-to-end processes and state-of-the-art technology. The vision of Johnson & Johnson Global Services is “to be trusted business partners who deliver increasing value by creating and sustaining globally standard world-class services that enable the power of Johnson & Johnson.” There are more than 2,000 employees in Human Resources, Finance and Procurement who work for Johnson & Johnson Global Services in key service centers located in Manila, Suzhou, Prague, Bogota and Tampa, as well as in local country-based hubs.
Under the direction of the Global Head TB, the Program Leader, TB Focus Area Strategy Team (Senior Director) will be responsible for leading strategic design and overseeing execution of public health programming for the TB FAST team. He/she will ensure that program design and implementation (priorities, specific initiatives and solutions employed) are fully aligned with the strategic imperatives, mission, and vision. The Program Leader, TB Focus Area Strategy Team (Senior Director) will use the value creation framework to build programs that appropriately leverage the capabilities, tools and technologies across the sectors of Johnson & Johnson, and take an all-of-company engagement approach. This leader will achieve this by convening, catalyzing, and collaborating in unique internal and external partnerships. She/he will lead a matrix program team comprised of the Global Public Health (GPH) operations and execution leader, participating operating company program leaders, supporting function representatives (e.g. policy, impact & outcomes measurement etc.) who will be accountable for designing, implementing or supporting the implementation of programs in their areas of responsibility.
A key outcome of this role is to ensure that J&J’s approach to achieving the vision and delivering on the mission of the TB FAST team is based on integrated and holistic end-to-end solutions, with program delivery that achieves pre-determined and measurable economic, societal and health outcomes.
• Under the leadership of the Global Head TB, leads design and oversees execution of solutions to support delivery on the strategic imperatives ultimately driving measurable and sustainable outcomes.
• Ensures programs are co-created by the program team and are aligned with value creation priorities and objectives
• Develops and executes strategic plans for the convening, catalyzing, and collaboration in unique partnerships that drive achieving the vision and delivering on the mission
• Partners with functions across GPH and J&J more broadly to ensure that global programs are cascaded to locally implementable programs, including methods for measurement, evaluation and reporting
• Ensures that in-country activities both directly contribute to strategic imperatives and help to create pathways for future TB tools, technologies, and treatment regimens
• Provides day-to-day budgetary oversight of TB FAST team programs and provides recommendations to Global Head, TB on remedial actions and changes as required
• Intentional inclusion of on-the-ground execution resources in forming global program strategies for delivery. Partners closely with GPH execution leaders to ensure impactful and relevant program design, patient outcomes & community voice
• Connects and influences across sectors to ensure effective stakeholder management and leveraging capabilities and resources to ensure mission delivery
• Partner with regional leadership to ensure coordination and alignment in global program strategy and implementation. Collaborates to ensure synergetic relationship management with government officials in various countries where global programs are being implemented
• Builds a broad sense of ownership of Global Public Health by developing strategic approaches for Operating Company engagement in -- and accountability for -- GPH activities, including expanded access to bedaquiline and future TB technologies, tools, and regimens
• Demonstrates strong & positive influencing skill without authority in a matrix environment
• Leads the Global program team with internal leaders across GPH and across the enterprise
• Lead initiatives with external partners as needed
• A minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience is required
• Minimum of 5 years in relevant roles within the healthcare industry e.g. market access, marketing, general management, strategy execution in the private sector or related health care, civil/NGO sector required
• Deep understanding of key science/technology interventions within global program area is preferred
• Deep functional expertise in areas such as global health, policy, R&D, marketing, market access, and management required
• Program leadership or project management experience with multi-cultural or multi-country experience is preferred
• Strong leadership and strategic skills and ability to vision the future with respects to anticipating trends, shaping the environment and respond to changes is required
• Track record of delivering timely results in challenging and diverse environments is required
• Private sector leadership or demonstrated success in partnership with private sector is required
• Ability to navigate and influence in a complex, global organization is required
• Track record of partnering externally and internally in driving/steering coalitions towards forming an agenda and/or addressing aspects of public health area is preferred
• This position can be seated in New Brunswick, NJ; Somerville, NJ; Beerse, Belgium; or Singapore and will require up to 40% of both domestic and international travel
United States-New Jersey-Somerville
Europe/Middle East/Africa-Belgium-Antwerp-Beerse, North America-United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick, Asia Pacific-Singapore-Singapore-Singapore
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)