fhi360 Regional Business Development Director (GRS), APAC in Remote, Singapore
About FHI 360:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Regional Business Development Director (GRS), APAC
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
• Provides leadership in business planning and development in support of the organization’s mission, values, goals and objectiv es. Focuses on locating sources of funding, approaching suitable funders and soliciting major donors for campaigns in a specific region and for work across a portfolio of sectors. Creates and administers fund- raising programs and spends a significant amount of time writing to and meeting with donors. Communicates effectively with b usiness partners, agents, clients and prospects to achieve goals. Represents region or country perspective in discussions around captaincy for new bid and proposals. Supports landscape analysis and strategic planning efforts at the regional and country levels as needed.
• Manages and oversees the Business Planning and Development efforts for GRS in APAC. Works with leaders, staff and corporate departments to gather and disseminate market intelligence.
• Develops, manages, and strengthen ongoing business development relationships with adverse group of funders and partners in the region that represents a portfolio of sectors.
• Leads or supports partnership negotiation and teaming agreement development with partners in the region.
• Facilitates decisions on captaincy for new bids and proposals as needed.
• Analyze market conditions and industry trends by implementing strategic planning, capture management and forecasting to optimize the organization’s growth and profitability.
• Identify and foster new business teaming partnerships and new customers based on strong networking relationships.
• Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of a strong pipeline of new clients and short term, mid-term and long term opportunities to accomplish goals and objectives.
• Prepare and present go/no-go decision recommendations to executive management.
• Critically analyzes potential funding opportunities, disseminates opportunity information, and provides informed, strategic bidding recommendations and revenue forecasting support.
• Supports the overall development and implementation of the organization’s strategic plan and coordinates with headquarter-based Business Development colleagues to support country and regional level strategic planning.
• Leverages market information to contribute to sales and revenue forecasting for GRS.
• Develops, manages and monitors systems and processes to ensure the overall success and efficiency of the organization’s Business Development efforts in the region.
• Leads the development and implementation of capacity building plans and resources to strengthen business development capabilities and competencies in the region.
• Monitors and coordinates other business development activities within and across units as needed, and manages proposal development and submission.
• Oversee the strategy and development of proposals, in Region, in response to competitive opportunities Manage the development of strategic client relationships.
• Ensures confidentiality and integrity of sensitive information.
• Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent - Business Administration, Human Development Sciences or Related Field.
•Typically requires a minimum of 10+ year’s industry experience.
•Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a leadership capacity.
•Experience in Program Management and one or more areas of human development.
•Experience in the development field in resource scheduling, managing timelines, and leading team activities required.
•Prior budget and management responsibility required.
•Substantial consultative experience within a Non- Governmental Organization (NGO).
•Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language preferred.
Will require 50% travel
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please clickto visit FHI 360's Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is anFHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
Job ID 18973
Job Locations Singapore-Remote
# of Openings Remaining 1