Hill International, Inc. Project Controls Manager in SG, Singapore
Hill International, with 3,300 professionals in 100 offices worldwide, provides program management, project management, construction management, construction claims and other consulting services primarily to the buildings, transportation, environmental, energy and industrial markets. /Engineering News-Record/ magazine recently ranked Hill as the eighth largest construction management firm in the United States.
Position Title: Project Controls Manager (Part-Time/Independent Consultant)
The Project Director /Project Manager
General Description of Role & Responsibilities:
The Project Controls Manager is responsible for the overall performance of Project Controls Team. The Project Controls Manager provides unification that organizes the estimating, cost control, scheduling, Information Systems, Graphics and Document Control activities into a cohesive, integrated project control team approach. The Project Controls Manager develops a project control plan and work breakdown structure, has overall responsibility for the development of the Baseline Budget Validation, Schedule, Estimates, Procedures, and all published reports and presentations. The Project Controls Manager is responsible for the team internal budget.
Specific duties of the Project Controls Manager shall include but not be limited to the following tasks:
· Efficiently integrate the cost, schedule and document control elements of the works.
· Supervise the commercial, planning and document control staff on the Project.
· Supervise the most senior team member who is responsible for Cost
· Supervise Schedule
· Supervise Document Control and lead the development of the Document control system.
· Develop and maintain project information systems including information accumulation and reporting.
· Work in coordination with the Contracts Department [Sr. Contracts Manager, Contracts Manager, Contract administrator].
· Regularly review and propose updates to the Project Management Plan and related procedures.
· Coordinate with the Contracts Manager in preparing Variation and EOT claims and submit to the Senior Project Manager for final approval.
· Review monthly cost reports and consolidate for submission to the Senior Project Manager.
· Prepare monthly progress reports and issue to the Senior Project Manager for review.
· Identify major elements of project risk and notify the Senior Project Manager as soon as possible.
· Define risk budgets (i.e. financial consequences of risk).
· Implement and manage quality procedures and reporting.
· Identify suitable contractors and instigate relationships in conjunction with the Senior Project Manager.
· Assist the commercial team in pre-qualifying contractors and tendering new work packages.
· Overview the tendering process, conducted by the commercial team (as required by the Client).
· Provide a contractual / commercial review of the tender submissions and check the contents for compliance with the Instructions to Tenders.
· Ensure that all project documentation is diligently archived.
· Review insurance cover for compliance with the contract and file insurance certificates.
· Ensure that the contractors’ performance bonds, advance payment bank guarantees, parent and bank guarantees etc. are in place.
· Obtain the updated Client Occupancy Schedules and communicate any project delivery impacts to the team.
· Project execution manual development and maintenance.
· Project management team equipment and supplies management.
· Project management report development.
· Review of site correspondence and documents for compliance with provisions of the contract documents.
· Proper operation of the Project Execution Plan.
· Periodic preparation and processing of site reports.
· Management of intra-management correspondence (between the Site and Development Offices).
· Maintenance of contract documents.
· Processing of contractor documents.
_Person Specification, Skills, and Knowledge_
· The ideal candidate will be proficient in English
· Ability to work with minimal supervision
· Ability to analyze and solve problems
· Skills in organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling personal workflow.
· Keen attention to detail
· Responsible attitude
· Self motivated and able to work as part of a team
· Able to work well under pressure
· Possesses a flexible approach to work
The candidate must have 15 years of construction project experiences and at least five years of experiences in high end hotel or heritage building experiences.
Title: Project Controls Manager
Requisition ID: 17001676