Waters Accountant in Singapore, Singapore
For over 50 years, Waters Corporation has developed innovative analytical science solutions to support customer discoveries, operations, performance, and regulatory compliance. Specifically, the company designs, manufactures, sells, and services high performance liquid chromatography, ultra performance liquid chromatography, and mass spectrometry technology systems and support products primarily in the United States, Europe, Japan, and Asia. Our innovations enable significant advancements within the pharmaceutical, life science, biochemical, industrial, food safety, environmental, academic and government industries. Waters is a publicly traded corporation (NYSE:WAT) with more than 6,500 employees and is represented in over 100 countries around the world.
Reporting to the South Asia Finance & Administration Manager, this position is responsible for the finance, accounting, treasury, budget & forecast, business process improvements, SOX and implementation of policies and procedures.
1) Financial Accounting
• Hands-on in full spectrum of accounting (AR, AP, interco, fixed assets & GL)
• Reconciliation of ledgers and sub-ledgers (AR, AP, Sales Variance & Cash)
• Ensure compliance with US & local GAAP
• GST Reporting
• Tax returns
2) Operations Control
• Control of cash receipts and cash payments
• Control of inventories, fixed assets and receivables;
3) Business Support
• Operations Expense – Variance & commentaries
• Annual Credit Review – analyze and propose update to credit limits.
• Assist in annual budget exercise – coordinating and collating information from functional heads, input into budgetary system, resolution of variances.
4) Internal Controls & Audit
• Document & Implement internal control procedures on key processes
• Coordinate with both internal and external auditors on requirement and documentation as necessary.
5) Performance Reporting
• Work with Regional team in providing management reporting and forecasting, eg: weekly, month, quarterly reporting packages for SEA Operations.
• Participation in Corporate reporting of monthly contact reports, tax, forecasts
• All other adhoc queries, reports and analysis for Regional management
Degree in Accounting / Finance or professional qualification.
Minimum 3-5 years’ relevant experience, preferably in US MNC.
Able to handle a full set of accounts.
Knowledge of SAP will be considered a plus.
Company Name: Waters Division
External Company URL: www.waters.com