UBS Financial Services Accounting Policy Specialist in Singapore, Singapore
Are you ready to join UBS team of dedicated accounting specialists? Do you have a knack for breaking down complex issues to reach clear and concise conclusions? We’re looking for someone with IFRS expertise to help us:
– provide technical accounting advice to all Business Divisions in APAC including our competitive Investment Bank and leading Wealth Management business
– interact effectively with senior management and staff from across the different areas within the organization to resolve accounting issues associated with complex financial instruments and other significant transactions / initiatives
– develop technical and soft skills to become the future leaders of UBS
– assist in the development UBS’s understanding and interpretation of new accounting standards that impact UBS
– educate Finance teams on fundamental accounting concepts and the latest policy developments
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the APAC Group Accounting Policy team in Singapore. We are a team of highly trained accounting subject matter experts that delivers against all the accounting policy needs of the Business Divisions and Corporate Center. As accounting standards are constantly changing, we stay at the forefront of those developments to ensure we provide appropriate accounting guidance that takes account of those developments and training for a sustainable control environment.
Your experience and skills:
– a license as a Qualified Accountant with a university degree in accounting, business or similar field
– Minimum 10 years PQE
– Knowledge of banking and banking products gained at a blue chip financial services organisation and/or through training with one of the Big Four accountancy firms.
– Experience as an IFRS subject matter expert
– an excellent communicator with strong presentation skills, both oral and written. You must be able to express opinions clearly and firmly (but also sympathetically when required).
– able to apply technical understanding to practical problems (you can’t be replaced by a robot)
– fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 158086BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Accounting Policy Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Singapore
Function Category: Finance