General Electric Accounts Receivable (Bilingual in Japanese & English) in Singapore, Singapore
GE Capital’s Working Capital Solutions (WCS) is a global business with scalable solutions offering a full range of accounts payable and accounts receivable management capabilities, through our world class people, processes and technologies. As a leading provider of financing, collections and cash management to GE and GE affiliate businesses WCS also provides supply chain finance to help non-GE businesses with faster invoice payments, improved financial metrics, forecasting and invoice reconciliation.
With over $67B receivables purchased annually and over $20B of assets managed in 2014, WCS provides its services through five Centers of Excellence and over 15 locations globally. In 2013, WCS was recognized by Global Trade Review Magazine as “Best in-house Trade Finance business. GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
Accounts Receivable activities related to the assigned GE business portfolio. As a Accounts Receivable Specialist operating independently the roles and responsibilities will include:
Responsible for Account Receivables management for the assigned portfolio (based in Asia Pacific region), duties include collection activities by telephone, dispute identification and management with appropriate follow up.
Participation in regional/business conference calls (cash calls) with GE Industrial Businesses on customer account update.
Active follow-up on delinquency status, exceeded credit line, expiring security, etc
Reconciliation of customer accounts.
Recommendation of accounts for 3rd party collection. (Legal) and or reserve/write off.
Working with Credit & Collections team on projects assigned to improve processes to better service Internal business units.
Ensure compliance with all prevailing policies and procedures (which includes Anti-Money Laundering and Know-Your-Customer policies)
Supporting the Cash Application function to allocate receipts to customer accounts
Liaise regularly with client groups at various GE Businesses to troubleshoot any issues
Attend to ad-hoc job related tasks as assigned by Supervisor.
• Bachelor’s Degree and/or Minimum 2 years related experience in financial services and/or customer service
• Ability to build and maintain effective customer/client relationships
• Ability to manage through multiple systems and competing priorities.
• Ability to collaborate & negotiate with multiple stakeholders in order to resolve issues
• Experience with Microsoft Suite to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Ability to speak Japanese fluently is essential for this role
• Bachelor’s Degree
• B2B Commercial Collections experience
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
• Strong problem solving and negotiation skills.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Ability to be pro-active and to think “out of the box”.
• Maturity and a strong sense of integrity.
• Self-motivated and resourceful.
• Strong cultural awareness
Locations: Singapore; Singapore
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.