Flowserve Corporation Applied Technical Solutions Engineer GASPAC in Singapore, Singapore
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
- Engineering support to : Sales (CSS) and (CSOA) for the following in a timely manner.
a. First point of contact for all technical issues and queries in the region.
b. Clean order entry and inputs in EIS.
c. Begin with Duplicate Proposal and Tester drawings, Reverse Engineering for Vendor-X, Manufacturing OPD drawings, dynamic / spin tester drawings, Test procedures, Balancing fixture drawings.
d. Gaspac bill of materials review and sign off liaising with GTEC in PRMS business system.
e. Vendor-X inspection, dimensional reports and form scan of critical surfaces.
f. Attend tester team accountability meeting and address technical issues.
g. Detailed Seal Root Cause Analysis including design upgrades.
h. Liaise with System team on Seal RCA’s that involves “Panel upgrades”.
- SPO development:
a. Co-ordinate the SPO development activities between Dortmund and Singapore manufacturing & QA department to achieve the Full SPO for Gaspac as per the RAIL milestones.
b. Actively participate in the SPO monthly calls and follow up the actions to complete the SPO audits and certifications as per the Gaspac SPO plan.
- QA and Documentation
a. Work with QA department and ensure inspection - documentation is in line with (LPO) Dortmund expectations and in the correct format for parts manufactured in Singapore.
b. Disposition of deviations to be reviewed case to case with QA and (LPO) Dortmund for agreement.
c. For new seals ensure documentation of the complete seals are in EIS as per Gaspac procedures, when all metal parts, assembly and testing of new seals are completed in Singapore.
- Local manufacturing
a. Enhance Singapore Gaspac localization by identifying parts that can be made locally for repairs and new orders and focus to make the adaptive, metal parts in Singapore completely.
b. Support manufacturing team for trails, special processes like grinding, polishing, lapping and laser grooving.
a. Maintain daily log of activities and provide summary at the end of the month.
b. Discuss with reporting Manager on a daily basis on active jobs and challenges faced.
c. Reporting of daily log and capture job types and utilization on a Monthly basis for manager review.
Degree in Mechanical Engineering or any other related Technical discipline with min. 3 to 5 years’ experience in handling pump or compressor Seals. Direct experience in designing compressor seals will be added advantage.
Knowledge in application, materials, standards, specifications review, basic calculations for flow, orifice, pressure drop etc. and troubleshooting of mechanical seals will be a distinct advantage.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret engineering specifications &/or drawings.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, distinguish between relevant and/or irrelevant contributing factors and draw valid conclusions.
Ability to communicate and present well to customers on bad actors resolution. Customer facing skills.
Competence in MS Office applications. Knowledge in AutoCAD and design will be of added advantage
· The incumbent will be responsible for detailed Engineering of Gas Compressor mechanical seals from selection, to clean inputs for new proposals, conversions, drawings, BOM, EIS inputs and respond to technical queries in AP region.
· Prepare detailed RCA & failure reports to resolve warranty claims and field bad actors in the region with suitable corrective actions.
· Support Gas Compressor Seals Vendor-X reverse Engineering drawings and documentation.
· Support the local manufacturing of Gas seals and prepare detail OPD and Inch conversion drawings.
· Support Tester team on technical questions, tester drawings, spin test fixtures and static jigs for testing.
· Support the SPO initiative and provide technical support to achieve the Full SPO of Gaspac as per SPO RAIL and milestones.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Applied Technical Solutions Engineer GASPAC
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: