Flowserve Corporation Applied Technical Solutions Engineer in Singapore, Singapore
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The incumbent will be the first point of contact and responsible for detailed review and completion of custom
engineered selections, proposals, drawings, calculations and transmittal cum risk assessment for engineered
seals and system requirements in the end user region. Investigate bad actors in detail and work with Sales and
regional teams in seal failure analysis and prepare failure reports to resolve warranty claims and field bad
actors in the region with suitable corrective actions for mechanical seals and auxiliary systems. Other
objective will also be to exceed customer and QRC satisfaction on the engineering support needs and
technical queries where application guides or past references do not exist.
- Responsible for engineering sign off for Seal and Seal Auxiliary Systems selections, including design
features, materials of construction, flushing plans for all EU conversions and proposals in the region
- Specify and clean up missing operating conditions, Look for critical inputs in rotating equipment,
review calculations and customer requirements / applicable specifications and standards for
proposals, end user upgrades and conversions in the region, independently.
- Provide Applied Technical Solutions support for Upgrades/retrofits/Conversions(Competitor change-
outs) for seals and systems on a timely basis and ensure our solution is holistic and address the
problems faced by customers.
- Follow the detailed procedure in Engineering Information system in documenting information as per
company practices and procedures.
- First point of contact for failure analysis and critical long outstanding bad actor resolution for seals
and auxiliary systems for end users and specific alliance customers in the region.
- Monitor and regularly update the field bad actor tracking report to resolve failures and bad actors in
a timely manner.
- Respond to technical queries and clarifications independently from Sales, CSR and Country AE’s /
engineering managers on time.
- Respond to customer complaints and warranty claims and process the same with suitable corrective
actions and capture the cost and breakdown category for future trends of errors viz. “selection error,
design error, product upgrade etc.”. Warranty claims report for the region to be updated monthly.
- Reporting of daily log and metrics for the region and capture job types, Utilization and OTD on a
Monthly basis for manager review.
- Plan and make field visits for feedback and review to investigate failures and hold technical meetings
and discussions with customers and other BU ATS engineers in resolving issues.
- Work with fabricators and suppliers on costing of critical engineered seals and support systems for
special high end custom engineered jobs.
- Support and develop country level AE’s in handling technical issues for standard products
independently. Identify skills needed for this and come up with Visual Skill Matrix to show progress of
engineers at country level.
- Although this position is primarily supporting the After-market, the incumbent is expected to play a
support role in the OE-Cell Project Management group when there is a need for sharing the
Engineering resources to meet monthly commitments of the Hub.
- Degree or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or any other related Technical discipline with min. 8 years
experience in handling Seals and Seal Auxiliary Systems
- Knowledge in application, material, standards, specifications review, auxiliary design, flow calculation and
troubleshooting of mechanical seals and auxiliary systems will be a distinct advantage.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret engineering specifications &/or drawings.
Ability to negotiate effectively with internal and/or external customers when required
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, distinguish between relevant and/or irrelevant
contributing factors and draw valid conclusions.
Ability to communicate and present well to customers on bad actors resolution. Customer facing skills.
Competence in MS Office applications. Knowledge in AutoCAD and design / application skills will be of
Job Posting Category Engineering/R&D
Employment Type Full time
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required 0%
Other Posting Location
Relocation Eligible No
Req ID 37452BR