Microsoft Corporation Asia Sales Lead, Dell in Singapore, Singapore
Job Description MNA Channel Sales Manager
What Joining the Microsoft Team Means
As a Multi-National Account Sales Manager your primary goal is to supervise and coordinate the execution at the local level with regards to achieving revenue, OEM scorecard metrics and MNA account key performance indicators. You oversee MNA Channel Executives’ performance locally, and provide guidance on their accounts and marketing plans.
The Impact You’ll Be Making
People management (20%)
• Implement and drive team goals and objectives, while supervising, training and mentoring team members.
• Be knowledgeable about each team member job role, provide effective feedback, and support their professional development.
• Mediate any interpersonal issues, and manage remote/virtual teams.
Successful Partnerships (25%)
• Become an advocate and trusted advisor to your partner, and build mutually beneficial relationship.
• Implement a rhythm of business internally, and with your partner, staying informed and overseeing strategy execution.
• Cultivate expert knowledge of Microsoft strategies within your team, driving alignment between partners’ and Microsoft’s goals.
• Supervise execution of partners’ local activities, promoting engagement between partner’s and Microsoft’s leadership teams.
• Monitor progress of partner’s satisfaction to evaluate the health of the relationship.
Business Operational Excellence (25%)
• Develop year-over-year local account growth projections, aligning partners’ business objectives and initiatives with Microsoft’s.
• Create successful go-to-market strategies together with your team and partners, building effective account plans for each MNA.
• Collaborate with local OEM Marketing teams to foster joint strategic frameworks and marketing plans to achieve objectives.
• Monitor execution of marketing campaigns and investments, while overseeing ROI and Sell Thru plans’ implementation.
• Understand your partner’s device roadmap and competitive challenges to land featured devices in the geography.
• Build expertise in presenting Microsoft device selling strategies while understanding local partners’ manufacturing strategy.
• Help partners identify gaps and emerging trends by leveraging internal competitive intelligence.
• Provide feedback to Corp and Regional teams, updating them on local updates, and managing roadblocks.
Pipeline and Portfolio Management (15%)
• Support internal team at building a healthy pipeline with partners, focused on selling Microsoft services and Windows devices.
• Drive and monitor maximum coverage on key opportunities and strategies, by leveraging relevant internal resources.
• Enable external execution across MNA and Channel, driving and monitoring net new sales.
• Facilitate Local Devices Reviews to evaluate device roadmaps and opportunity pipeline.
Organizational Leadership (15%)
• Promote a “One Microsoft” approach within internal teams, understanding Microsoft internal political and organizational landscapes.
• Gain and share subject matter expertise about partner’s local portfolio to enable device sales engagement.
• Drive close alignment with segment teams across the subsidiary, as well as virtual teams in your geography.
• Promote and oversee segment opportunity review meetings to discuss competitive strategies and create action plans.
• Foster cross unit collaboration with Microsoft’s segements & Partners on devices, opportunity tracking, and pilot projects.
Who We Are Looking For
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
• 15 years of senior sales and managerial experience, with a proven track record developing multi-level and executive partnerships with resellers, distributors or OEMs. Required expertise in devices sales and services, marketing strategy and distribution channels.
• Demonstrable organizational agility to manage diverse and virtual teams, delivering on agreements, overcoming obstacles and achieving objectives, while driving internal and external partner satisfaction.
• Strong planning, budget and project management experience, with ability to handle complex regional projects simultaneously.
• The ideal candidate will have a four-year college degree within Business or Engineering disciplines, with extensive direct sales or partner management experience in the IT or consumer electronics industries. MBA preferred.
Technical/Functional Skills & Personal Attributes:
• Excels at account planning, sales, customer service, oral and written communication, priorization, problem solving, and negotiation.
• Entrepreneurial spirit, self motivated, data-driven, independent thinker, comfortable at interacting with stakeholders at all levels.
• Passion for technology and devices, with a burning desire to compete and win.