Hilton Assistant Director of Sales - MICE in Singapore, Singapore
An Assistant Director of Sales (Proactive MICE) with Conrad Hotels and Resorts drives MICE and groups business, contribute to hotel sales and marketing plans by recommending growth efforts, monitoring progress, and ensuring that the hotel is competitively positioned within the local marketplace.
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Brand?
Smart luxury is at the core of everything Conrad Hotels & Resorts does. We offer our guests one-of-a-kind experiences, service that's intuitive and connections to people and places near or far. We're the destination of a new generation of global travelers for whom life, business, and pleasure seamlessly intersect.
If you understand what it’s like to juggle life, business, and pleasure and know how to bring a sense of luxury to that type of travel experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Conrad Hotels & Resorts.
What will I be doing?
As Assistant Director of Sales, you will work with the Director of Sales to train, coach, and continuously develop Groups Sales Team. This position will be involved in the development of the MICE segment and new customer relationships while maintaining existing relationships with assigned accounts and consistently striving to maximize revenue in rooms, public space, food & beverage and auxiliary products and services.
Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Build sales plan for the hotel to include sales targets based on market analysis. Create the hotel's MICE/Group sales activities plan
- Organize comprehensive information to existing and potential customers with regards to the product range offered by the hotel, with the aid of the relevant sales resources and sales channels
- Expand new customer acquisitions and manage contacts with existing Guests and key contacts of PCOs, Event Planners, NTOs, Suntec Convention and Exhibition Centre.
- Prepare contracts for the hotel in accordance with current business and price conditions
-Produce accurate and timely reports that meet the needs of the hotel and the management company. Prepare and present, on a monthly basis the contribution, focus and activity of the proactive MICE
- Contribute to relevant management meetings to develop and implement sales and marketing initiatives
- Participate in industry events and represents the hotel at national and international specialist trade fairs and workshops, agreed by the DOS and in co-ordination with the whole Business Development Department.
- Monitor offers, options and discounts for repeat bookings for groups, congresses and seminars in close cooperation with the Group Coordinator
- Cooperate with other departments in the hotel, particularly Reservations and the Banqueting Department, to create an exceptional Guest experience and build strong, comprehensive sales programs
- Support Director of Sales in supervising and coaching Sales Coordinator through close supportive relationship.
- Support Director of Sales in tasks such as team member training and performance related assessments.
What are we looking for?
An Assistant Director of Sales serving Hilton Worldwide is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, kills, and values that follows:- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards - Strong leadership skills, whereas it is evident that you can effectively manage and motivate a team to perform beyond expectations
- Strong analytical skills so to understand key business indicators and competitive trends and develop approaches to these challenges
- Excellent selling capabilities and the ability and desire to coach selling techniques to Team Members
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
Experience in a similar role with a proven track record It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Minimum experience of 3 years in hotel industry
- Knowledge of local market and MICE industry
- A passion for sales and target-based performance
- Relevant degree, in sales, business development or other relevant business field, from an academic institution
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include holiday entitlement - as an employee you will become a member of The Hilton Club which provides reduced hotel room rates in our hotels worldwide, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.
Title: Assistant Director of Sales - MICE
Requisition ID: HOT04DYU