Amazon.com Assistant Team Manager in Singapore, Singapore
We are seeking talented, passionate and highly motivated operations leaders to join a strategic initiative.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for innovation and a knack for problem solving whilst in a fast paced and dynamic environment, with proven experience in team leadership and delivering results.
As an Assistant Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that you have a small and agile team who are properly trained and that their needs are addressed so that they can focus on their jobs. You and your team ensure that the workflow runs smoothly so that all customer wishes are met. You will always focus on achieving our most important goals: safety, associate engagement, quality, customer experience, productivity, while driving constant improvement of our processes. You will also work in partnership with third party providers to ensure that our standards are being met in accordance to service contracts. Although this is a supervisory position, it is very much a hands-on role and you will be expected to be involved in the day-to-day operation. This role is located in Singapore.
· Coordinate physical and virtual workflows, or flows of orders and materials to ensure we meet customer promise
· Consolidate information from different sources to determine operational logistics and then adjusting and executing the plan
· Monitor system generated operational solutions and adjust and make decisions outside of standard process flow.
· Allocate labor from various sources, direct and assign job duties
· Perform in depth problem solving to ensure successful and continuous operations
· Train, audit and support employees to perform standard operating procedures and use equipment and software
· Ensure employees have proper tools to perform the job and coordinate repairs or replacement when needed
· Communicate with internal and external teams using different communication channels
· Report and escalate systemic issues to management as necessary in a timely manner
· Participate in initiatives to ensure safety and operational excellence
· Identify, address and resolve safety hazards
· Completed a polytechnic diploma or equivalent
· Direct management experience for employees in a retail, distribution or logistics environment
· Candidates must be flexible to work weekends and/or evenings
· Ability to learn quickly work under pressure in a fast paced environment.
· Demonstrated ability to use computer and wireless technology
· Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
A completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in engineering, operations or related field
· Experience in transportation industry is a plus
· Strong computer skills using MS Office products
· Management of a minimum of 30 employees
· Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to problem solve and prioritize with little guidance
· Demonstrated excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
· Experience leading kaizen or continuous improvement events
AMZR Req ID: 564971
External Company Name: Amazon
External Company URL: www.amazon.com