Citi CCB - Business Credit Manager in Singapore, Singapore
Primary Location: Singapore,Singapore,Singapore
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Credit
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 17000159
We’re looking for a Business Credit Manager to join our world-class team.
Our Business Credit Managers do the critical work of ensuring that the fundamentals of our client solutions are sound. They are the foundation of our Citi Commercial Bank (CCB) business today, and the pipeline from which we’ll grow our next generation of leaders. We nurture their skills and talents over time, giving them opportunities to develop successful careers.
Be a part of the work we do to enable progress around the globe.
At Citi, we have a drive to help clients move from ambition to achievement that’s been in our DNA for over 200 years. Our company has been one of the foundational components of today’s modern financial infrastructure. This gives us a level of unmatched expertise in tackling the world’s most complex challenges and connecting across capabilities to enable lasting progress for our clients.
We attract and nurture local talent from all over the world, ensuring our people are both deeply attuned to regional needs but also bring a global mindset to help clients, communities and nations move forward. Our culture is fueled by men and women with the passion to push beyond borders and boundaries, and the wisdom and courage to do what’s right.
Citi’s Commercial Bank embodies our unique purpose as the global bank of choice for trade-oriented, mid-sized companies who see us as trusted thought partners that bring simplicity in an increasingly complex world, client-centric solutions for long-term growth and pave the way for them to reach across borders and achieve their global vision.
Successful Business Credit Managers should embody the Citi Progress Maker DNA Markers®.
Optimistic: The belief that tomorrow can be even better, the ability to see how
- For CCB, that means a partner who provides creative client solutions and acts with integrity
Driven: Passionate self-starters, taking responsibility for their progress and the tough choices it may require
- For CCB, that means a driver who advances the business and challenges the status quo
Resilient: The determination and confidence in self to forge onward and reimagine failure along the way
- For CCB, that means a negotiator who closes sound deals while deepening existing relationships
Future focus: Curious to discover and embrace what’s next
- For CCB, that means an owner who is accountable for both long and short-term outcomes
Worldly outlook: Eager for exposure to ideas, experiences and opportunities beyond their borders
- For CCB, that means an explorer who thrives on new experiences and embraces challenges
Generosity of spirit: Want to help more than just themselves
- For CCB, that means a unifier who builds trust by understanding different perspectives
- You will be a member of the Commercial Lending Management Unit. This team is part of the Citi Commercial Bank which specializes in providing trade finance, working capital finance and treasury solutions for the Small and Medium Enterprise and Middle Market corporate clients in Singapore.Key functions includeAs a member of the Citi Commercial Bank Commercial Lending Management Unit, you will be responsible for underwriting and assessing credit propositions and transactions submitted by Relationship Managers to ensure compliance with the bank's credit policies and procedures, risk acceptance criteria and regulatory requirements. You will also be responsible for managing the credit quality of a portfolio of clients. With the portfolio assigned, you will be performing ongoing credit risk monitoring to identify any clients with potential concerns. Periodic stress tests on the portfolio will have to be undertaken to identify accounts which warrant closer monitoring and possible loan loss reserves to the bank. During the course of managing the credit portfolio, you will participate in client calls with the Relationship Managers and Sales Head. Other duties include the monitoring and follow-up of past due credit obligations, overdraft and facility limit excesses, tracking and monitoring of facility covenants, credit and collateral data maintenance.
A successful Business Credit Manager has these skills:
The ability to understand the part they play in building a strong CCB culture that enables our teams to deliver remarkable experiences to our clients
The ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial organizational structure and add value by bringing an optimistic, proactive approach to the work they do
The ability to go beyond immediate business silos to build their network
Confidence and drive to own developing high quality, client ready information with strong attention to detail
Strong analytical skills with ability to process and prioritize complex information
The resilience to adjust plans and priorities when necessary to meet evolving client and business needs
Ability to embrace new technology and understand the role digital plays in the experience we deliver for our clients
Typically, someone in this role has the following experience:
Preferably be a degree holder with minimally 3 years of relevant credit, risk or accounting experience; seasoned Relationship Managers with credit experience can be considered for the role
Possess strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills and be familiar with MS software applications such as Word, Excel, etc.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Other important qualities include ability to work independently and in a team, accountability and a positive work attitude