Microsoft Corporation Controller in Singapore, Singapore
Job Title: New Business Controller
Area - Microsoft Finance organization purpose
Description of Purpose
Global Sales Marketing and Operations (GSMO) Finance is driving shareholder value in 60 subsidiaries and carries the local accountability for the financials as well as statutory and compliance matters across all segments and products. We:
• Land the company vision around the transformation of our business, consumption and customer orientation in the subsidiaries and externally.
• Drive strategic resource allocation and investments through local insights, ensuring optimal returns aligned with our worldwide strategy. Key focus is on New Business with an industry and workload perspective.
• Build trust to lay the foundation of long-term growth from a customer and shareholder point of view in a compliant way.
• Empower and inspire our people to lead and be part of top performing teams while providing diverse career opportunities.
Area - Microsoft (APAC MSA)
Microsoft APAC is a multi-subsidiary area and we report directly to Corporate. Microsoft APAC has been a key enabler of the market IT growth through solid partnership with Governments, Enterprise, small and medium as well as IT partners and consumer partners of the region. APAC Finance team has the responsibility to partner with sales and marketing teams with the incremental complexity of supporting Korea, New Zealand, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Vietnam and SEA new markets. Microsoft Finance is a truly global finance team and you will be part of the WW community of Investment Controllers to make each other great and build on each other.
The New Business Controller is the Finance partner to the STU Lead, providing actionable insights to identify new business opportunities and to prioritize the ones with the highest ROI. The successful candidate also delivers actionable insights to drive post-sales consumption in collaboration with Segment and EG Controllers.
Culture & Behavior
You have a growth mindset, act as an entrepreneur that drives business impact, and continuously learn and innovate. You have a capability to actively contribute and build strong collaboration within diverse and virtual teams. You are action oriented and able to build and deliver strong results through others beyond the team as well.
You drive digital transformation in the finance function towards data driven (Machine Learning) forward-looking insights. You also engage directly with customers and business partners.
You simplify and inspire through storytelling and excellent communication skills.
Microsoft values and ethical behavior are a corner stone in our culture.
• Partner with the Enterprise Specialist Teams Unit (STU) Lead to drive the commercial growth through product and segment deep analytics & insights with workload lens on the three clouds and drives post sales consumption growth (collaborates with Segment and Engineering Group controllers)
• Support directly New Bus/STU Lead by providing actionable insights in customer trends, workloads and productivity to identify new business opportunities.
• Provide Compete and Industry analysis to assess and prioritize market opportunities and threats incl. propensity model
• Provides end to end ROI clarity on New Business opportunities that are being considered by STU Lead as the most impactful opportunities
• Deliver insights in STU productivity and effectiveness
• Business Decision Maker engagement with top customers to accelerate consumption of Microsoft solutions purchased by the customer.
Key indicators of success
• New Business performance YoY and VTB
• STU productivity and ROI
• Consumption all up metrics
• Business Partner feedback
10+ years of experience in finance positions
Experience in subscription business analytics and sales & operations planning & forecasting preferred
Experience in multinationals with multi-product/multi-segment finance roles is recommended
Fluent in English
BA/BS or MBA degree in Finance, Economics, CPA/CA preferred