Microsoft Corporation Controller in Singapore, Singapore
Job Title: Productivity & Business Processes Controller
Area - Microsoft Finance organization purpose
Description of Purpose
Global Sales Marketing and Operations (GSMO) Finance is driving shareholder value in 60 subsidiaries and carries the local accountability for the financials as well as statutory and compliance matters across all segments and products. We:
• Land the company vision around the transformation of our business, consumption and customer orientation in the subsidiaries and externally.
• Drive strategic resource allocation and investments through local insights, ensuring optimal returns aligned with our worldwide strategy. Key focus is on New Business with an industry and workload perspective.
• Build trust to lay the foundation of long-term growth from a customer and shareholder point of view in a compliant way.
• Empower and inspire our people to lead and be part of top performing teams while providing diverse career opportunities.
Area - Microsoft (APAC MSA)
Microsoft APAC is a multi-subsidiary area and we report directly to Corporate. Microsoft APAC has been a key enabler of the market IT growth through solid partnership with Governments, Enterprise, small and medium as well as IT partners and consumer partners of the region. APAC Finance team has the responsibility to partner with sales and marketing teams with the incremental complexity of supporting Korea, New Zealand, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Vietnam and SEA new markets. Microsoft Finance is a truly global finance team and you will be part of the WW community of Investment Controllers to make each other great and build on each other.
The Productivity & Business Processes is the Finance partner to the Enterprise Group (EG) Finance Leads at Corp, the Area C&E Lead, and other product-aligned business leaders. The successful candidate will develop deep subject matter expertise on O365, SPE, and Dynamics to deliver actionable insights to business partners as well as the Segment and New Business Controllers. The Productivity & Business Processes Controller drives upsell motions (SPE, E3 to E5) and D365 growth.
Culture & Behavior
You have a growth mindset, act as an entrepreneur that drives business impact, and continuously learn and innovate. You have a capability to actively contribute and build strong collaboration within diverse and virtual teams. You are action oriented and able to build and deliver strong results through others beyond the team as well.
You drive digital transformation in the finance function towards data driven (Machine Learning) forward-looking insights. You also engage directly with customers and business partners.
You simplify and inspire through storytelling and excellent communication skills.
Microsoft values and ethical behavior are a corner stone in our culture.
• Partner with the EG Finance Leads at Corp and the Area BG Lead as well as product-aligned business leaders.
• Drive cloud growth in the Geo through deep Cloud analytics delivered by Segment enabling easy leverage from Segment Controllers and business.
• Understand competitive market insights, provide thought leadership leading to outperformance relative to market, including areas for whitespace and industry opportunity in collaboration with the New Business Controller.
• Deliver actionable insights to the business partners to grow Office 365 commercial seats and accelerate usage and to increase premium mix, understand and drive upsell motions to higher profit products (SPE, E3 to E5).
• Take a lead role driving SPE performance and work with the Partner & SMC Controller to drive SMB growth
• Provide meaningful insight supporting Dynamics 365 growth, accelerating adoption and customer adds
• Support windows cloud analytics
• Accountable for EG ROB, planning & execution incl. budget, forecast, consumption and ongoing insights, working with the OneEnterprise Controllers to avoid duplication on the Billed revenue deal summary.
• Evangelize and leverage standard reporting from Corp rather than building additional reports.
Key indicators of success
• Insightful analysis provided to business based on analytical framework
• Forward thinking centered customer lifetime value and multi-year investment perspective into actionable insights for sales teams
• Forecast accuracy
• Dynamics billed revenue growth, customer adds
• Office 365 performance, SPE E5 commercial subscribers
• Office 365 Commercial Pro Plus and services MAU performance
10+ years of experience in finance positions
Strong analytical skills and business acumen
Industry experience preferred, but not limited to technology (Telco, Netflix, & Gartner etc.)
Data scientist experience desired
Fluent in English