Amazon.com Design Engineer APAC (SIN) - Electrical in Singapore, Singapore
Amazon Web Services is seeking a Electrical Engineer to become part of a global engineering team, responsible for the design and continuous innovation of our rapidly expanding data center fleet.
As engineers at Amazon we are responsible for achieving world class uptime for our customers via our resilient designs and cost effective solutions. We work hard to develop a large scale fleet of Data Centers and drive continuous advancements and improvements into our designs.
We are looking for engineers with hands on Electrical design experience. If you can design a Electrical system, have an understanding of the critical equipment needs for a data center, and understand the constructability of varying designs, you may be a good fit. Engineers will be responsible for working with local design consultants to bring designs from concept to permit and construction. You must be capable of defining and approving critical equipment specifications and approving vendor submittals. Engineers will directly support construction and be a part of the process from site selection review through commissioning and ultimately turnover of the site. You will be relied on as a subject matter expert in the engineering field. Team work is necessary for us to accomplish our goals. You must be able to work within a team and depend on others to accomplish the required work. You will be working with other internal groups as well as external suppliers and consultants including utility providers, manufacturers, vendors, and contractors. Amazon has a global presence. Domestic and International Travel will occasionally be necessary (approximately 25%) with some occasional spikes or requests for last minute trips. This is a result of our growth and fast paced culture.
Finally, Amazon offers a fast paced and vibrant work environment. We continue to grow at exponential rates and are looking for individuals that can support our speed to market, enjoy a challenge, and have a desire for professional growth and continuous learning experiences. Amazon’s work environment is unique in every aspect and offers an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate.
If you are a creative, smart, driven, enjoy team work on multi-million dollar projects, and driving continuous improvements we want YOU!
Responsibilities of the Electrical Engineer
The Engineer will be responsible for the following:
Collaborate with internal and external teams to release Data Center designs.
Understand upstream and downstream customer requirements.
Coordinate with peer teams in the USA and EU to develop standard designs.
Interact with regional vendors to specify Electrical equipment.
Maintain highly successful relationships with local Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) to ensure compliance with requirements.
Review and approve vendor submittals.
Define project scopes and provide technical support during design and construction phases.
Work with commissioning teams to validate installation, operation, and performance.
Work on concurrent projects in multiple geographical regions.
Support operations including failure mode and root cause analysis, maintenance, troubleshooting, and operations.
Be a leader within the group as well as within internal and external teams.
Be positive and always offer creative, out of the box solutions.
Have fun and work hard!
The following skills are required to be considered as a candidate for this position:
· Bachelor’s degree in an Electrical Engineering or Building Services.
· 3-5 years of experience with industrial or commercial mission critical facilities.
· Experience reading and interpreting design, equipment and construction specifications and drawings.
· Be organized and have the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines and budget.
· Understanding of codes
· Possess leadership and problem solving skills.
· Ability to research new designs, technologies, and construction of equipment and facilities.
· An ability and willingness to think outside of the box to find creative and innovative solutions to reduce costs with no impact on quality, reliability, or maintainability.
· Proficiency with AutoCAD or other CAD tools.
· Possess excellent communication skills, attention to detail, maintain high quality standards.
· Languages: Must be fluent (read/write/speak) in English
· Any other language is an advantage.
· Familiarity with high or medium voltage distribution.
· Direct experience with data centers and equipment: uninterruptable power supplies (UPS), generators, switchgear, power distribution units (PDU), automatic/static transfer switches (ATS/STS), CRAH, CRAC, chillers, pumps, variable frequency drives, mechanical equipment and HVAC design.
· Knowledge of building codes and regulations including Life Safety, IBC, EU, NFPA, NEC, and OSHA.
· Previous vendor negotiation and management skills associated with request for proposals (RFP), bids, requests for information (RFI), construction and project execution.
Continuous Improvement principles such as LEAN, TPS, TQM, Six Sigma.
AMZR Req ID: 500387
External Company URL: www.amazon.com