SAP Development Manager - Machine Learning for People. Job in Singapore, Singapore
Requisition ID: 159321
Work Area: Software-Development Operations
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The SAP Innovation Center Network is a strategic development entity within SAP, combining software engineering excellence with thought leadership and entrepreneurial spirit. Across various focus clusters and by building on strong teams, we pioneer game-changing solutions in close collaboration with startups, customers & partners in industry and research as well as with other SAP units. To ensure a successful go-to-market, we follow an end-to-end responsibility approach. By exploring unconventional ideas and developing inspiring proofs of concepts, we push the state-of-the-art in computer science and its applied fields to provide SAP with foresight into future trends.
As a Development Manager for Machine Learning, you will lead teams to build machine learning application in the SAP Leonardo Machine Learning Portfolio. The current and planned projects in this area include SAP HCM solutions to be attached to SuccessFactors & FieldGlass. You will create compelling product visions and lead teams to execute on this vision. As a leader you will represent the work of your teams towards customers. You will work together with the development leads, data scientists, product owners and business developers in your team and other teams to create value for our customers from the first idea to a successful market entry and beyond.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
As a Development Manager, you will:
• Be accountable for the success, quality, cost management and delivery of products in the whole product lifecycle
• Take over the responsibility for an incubation team to work on new products
• Work closely together with Product Owners to define the product scope and ensure execution
• Work with customers and Business Developers to develop customer focused solutions
• Be part of the machine learning management team to shape our overall machine learning portfolio and ensure competitiveness of the machine learning offerings
• Be accountable for developing talents in your team
• Lead the team to success, lead by example
• Be accountable for budgeting processes in your team
• Apply Design Thinking to foster innovation
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Master’s degree or equivalent in computer sciences or related field
• Excellent product and business expertise in HR solutions
• Leadership experience
• Ability to work in a global team with distributed stakeholders and team members
• Proven track record of leading successful high impact / high visibility projects
• Deep understanding of customer needs as well as long-term interactions with customers
• Proven experience in planning, executing and coordinating development projects
• People and Project management skills leading international cross-staffed project teams
• Proven track record of successful innovation projects
• Basic Machine Learning knowledge
• Excellent English language skills
• Knowledge of SAPs delivery processes including I2M & Cloud Cycle
• Experience in Cloud Software Development
• Experience in applying Design Thinking
We are looking for candidates with 5 years of experience in Software Development and/or Product Management and at least 2 years of experience in a technology related customer facing role
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Additional Locations :