General Electric Digital Lean Improvement Lead in Singapore, Singapore
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working within Global Repair Services (GRS) Brilliant Factory team, in this role you will leverage deep operational and technical expertise to drive the development and industrialization of digital and lean tools that are utilized in the GRS network to drive improved product cost and cycle. You will partner closely with the Productivity and Operations teams to drive overall Brilliant Factory efforts, as well as partner with process excellence, commercial, sales, and other support teams.
Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
• Combine the needs of our service centers with technical feasibility and business impact to ensure the specifications for new tools are properly communicated to the development teams.
• Prioritize the project ideas into a roadmap for multiple stakeholders to plan with and follow.
• Coordinate the efforts of several parallel teams to deliver on the higher-level business outcomes while also being able to focus on execution when products are released to the service centers.
• Demonstrate excellent persuasion and influencing skills that ensures alignment between engineering, service center and development teams.
• Work with the operations leadership and shop teams to develop a roadmap of solution deployment plans, including cost and business benefits, targeting largest opportunities
• Develop and monitor ways of tracking solution benefits, tied to operating Bullet Trains, VCP, and Cum Catch
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related technical discipline from an accredited college or university
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in manufacturing or services operations
• Ability and willingness to travel 10-20% of the time, as required
• Previous shop floor operational/leadership experience.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
• Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects
• Six Sigma/Lean Green or Blackbelt Certification
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Able to effectively interface with all levels of the organization
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum project team
• Effective problem identification and solution skills
• Knowledgeable of repair methods, procedures, and planning.
• Experience leading & organizing cross functional Global Teams
• High-Energy, independent thinker; data/fact driven decision maker
Locations: Singapore; Singapore
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.