Marriott Vacations Worldwide Director of Human Resources, Singapore Regional Office in Singapore, Singapore
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
The Director of Human Resources will report directly to the VP of HR for AP. The position holder will lead the Singapore HR operations, and have oversight for the HR teams supporting the Singapore Regional Operations. This role will also oversee the HR functional requirements for the China and Japan Call Cente operations, as well as the Hong Kong Offsite Office and other upcoming remote sites.
The position will act as a business partner to the regional office based in Singapore and will oversee the Regional Singapore HR team on recruitment, total compensation, employee relations and training and development, and direct these operations as required for China, Hong Kong, Japan and other upcoming remote site. He/she will liaise with the VP HR for Asia Pacific, to develop a Human Resouces Business Plan which is aligned with regional and brand strategies to deliver service that enable business success and will be responsible for executing against objectives outlined in the Human Resource Business Plan to delivers services that meet or exceed the needs of employees and enable business success. Furthermore, the HR Director will work together with the Regional HR team to execute on regional HR strategies and initiatives as determined by VP, HR for AP
The Director of HR generally works with considerable independence, developing processes to accomplish objectives in alignment with broader business objectives. This includes ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations as well as Standard Operating Procedures.
Managing Staffing and Recruitment Process
- Analyzes open positions to balance the development of existing talent and business needs.
- Serves as coach and expert facilitator of the selection and interviewing process.
- Participates in the interviewing and hiring of Human Resources employee team members.
- Surfaces opportunities in work processes and staffing optimization.
- Makes staffing decisions to manage the talent cadre and pipeline at the property.
- Develops staffing strategy (in collaboration with hiring manager) relating to hiring practices; consults with hiring manager on compensation, benefits, etc.
- Monitors sourcing process and outcomes of staffing process.
- Ensures managers are competent in assessing and evaluating hourly staff.
Managing Legal and Compliance Practices
- Ensures that HR policies and practices are in compliance with the legal and immigration requirements of the country/location
- Ensure that terminated employee files are retained for the required length of time.
- Ensures compliance on all human resource audits.
- Ensures proper documentation of all progressive disciplinary action is kept in employee file.
- Ensures compliance with key policies (e.g., Sexual Harassment, Non-Harassment, Non-Discrimination, No Solicitation).
- Works with the unemployment services provider to respond to unemployment claims.
- Attends unemployment hearings and ensures property is properly represented.
- Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
- Ensures Guarantee of Fair Treatment policy is consistently followed and proper documentation is maintained on all disciplinary issues.
- Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably and that issues are brought to resolution.
- Administers property policies fairly and consistently.
- Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
Managing the Human Resources Strategy
- Develop Human Resources strategy for the location and is responsible for the execution of these strategies.
- Execution of regional strategies and initiatives as determined by VP, HR for Asia Pacific
- Translates business priorities into property Human Resources strategies, plans and actions
- Implements and sustains Human Resources initiatives at the property.
- Coordinates the human capital review process at property(s) and leads succession planning activities on property and in the market, as appropriate.
- Executes and follows-up on engagement survey related activities.
- Champions and builds the talent management ranks in support of property and region diversity strategy.
- Leads the assessment of property(s) leadership pipeline through the human capital review process and assists with follow-up.
- Creates value through proactive approaches that will affect performance outcome or control cost.
- Leads and participates in succession management and workforce planning.
- Serves as key change manager for initiatives that have high employee impact.
Managing Employee Compensation Strategy
- Remains current and knowledgeable in the internal and external compensation and work competitive environments.
- Leads the planning of the hourly employee total compensation strategy.
- Champions the communication and proper use of total compensation systems, tools, programs, policies, etc.
- Participates in quarterly internal equity analysis; reviews internal equity reports and surface issues needing resolution.
- Creates and implement s total compensation management packages/offers, particularly recognition and incentive programs directed towards property priorities.
Managing Human Resources Communication
- Communicates changes to the benefit plans in a timely manner.
- Communicates property rules and regulations via an employee handbook.
- Coaches managers on progressive discipline process.
Managing Employee Development Activities
- Ensures performance evaluations and merit increase paperwork are maintained in employee files.
- Manages performance appraisal process (e.g., ensures reviews are conducted in a timely manner, increases are processed quickly, and management performance appraisal is completed).
- Work with Corporate training team to coordinat Training Programs for the region (including Expatriates under direct management)
Maintaining Employee Relations
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees.
- Utilizes an "open door" policy to address employee problems or concerns in a timely manner.
- Ensures effective employee communication channels are established and active in departments.
- Ensures employees establish and maintain open, collaborative relationships with their team members.
- Strives to improve employee retention.
- Solicits employee feedback.
- Lead our Associate Relation Activtities and Spirit to Serve Our Communities events.
- Be the first point of contact, partnering with Corporate on the recruitment and general administration for Expatriate based associates for the Singapore Offices, Japan Office and the Hong Kong Office.
- Provide personal support, guidance and onboarding for new Expatriates
- Responsible for the Off boarding of Expatriates
- Support Corporate / Off site line manager who have Expatriates direct reports based in the locations under direct responsibiility
- College/University degree in a relevant field of study (Business Administration / Human Resources/ Organizational Development and Design)
- 8-12 years experience in the human resources, management operations, or related professional area
- At least 3 years of Manager Supervisory experience
- Preferably with regional HR experience, ideally from supporting Singapore, China, Hong Kong and Japan.
- Experience in Expatriate Management
- Willing to get their hands dirty and be strong in operational processes
- Preferably from Real Estate / Hospitality industry
If you believe you are the one we are seeking, apply here and attach your resume giving full details of qualifications, experience as well as current and expected salary.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled