Shell Electrical Engineer in Singapore, Singapore
Auto req ID 53476BR
Job Title Electrical Engineer
Country of Work Location Singapore
City, State (if applicable) Singapore
Work Location Singapore - Pulau Bukom
Company Description Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East.Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region.We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.
Provide support to the manufacturing / operating areas at the assign location/production Unit to ensure the integrity, reliability and sustainability of all electrical assets.
Conduct failure analysis, problem solving and complex system evaluation of major electrical equipment problems. Analysis and solution extend into other technologies as well as unit operation and/or maintenance.
1) Consolidate issues and learning /sharing together with other PUs support engineer. Review common/site wide issues/threats and long term plan.
2) Identify, develop and / or apply successful practices in electrical design, maintenance strategy, and operation within the associated companies, among peers, competitors and suppliers.
3) Support operations in the areas of troubleshooting of complex electrical problems, selection, revamp and retrofit of existing equipment, identification of repairs needed, selection of overhaul procedures, condition monitoring, and interface with/or selection of vendors.
4) Facilitate, lead, and/or participate in structured analysis processes, e.g., Root Cause Analysis, Risk Assessments and Solution Development.
5) Mentor and train electrical technology, maintenance applications, and failure analysis to electrical skill pool and those in other skill pools. Responsible to constantly update the in-house training modules.
6) Interface and manage vendors and/or consultants in the acquisition of hardware or technical support.
7) Conduct Plant Electrical Integrity Audits to ensure sustained safety and reliability of the electrical installation.
8) Attend Operation, Development & Engrg/Threat board meeting and participate in production reliability team (PRT) meeting
9) Attend Electrical LSW (Leader Standard Work) example Electrical Engineering meeting, Electrical Reliability/Support meeting, etc.
10) Gathering of issues/threats and provide sustainable long & short term solution/mitigation. Follow through (end to end, MTA, short & long term mitigation actions, implementation and review)
11) Provides feedback/technical advice/input in the practices of Predictive Maintenance of electrical equipment
12) Below TA roles and responsibility: -
• Consolidate the TA scope from maintenance and distribution engineer. Final submission of electrical turnaround (TA) scope.
• Review compliance to the code of practice/statutory requirement, vendor recommendation, maintenance requirement and DEP/RMP.
• Participate in TA scope optimization, review and turnaround reviews (TAR).
• He/She is to ensure quality and safety of electrical work in the TA as a Q-captain (Quality).
• TA review specification and requisition of electrical equipment/ scope of services by lead maintenance engineer (exclude project work)
• Support the TA temp supply requirements and compliances (design safety, implementation and controls)
• Involvement in TA planning and tracking
13) Participate in reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) reviewing adequacy of maintenance regime to be implemented into Maintenance execution program (GSAP). Recommend equipment/parts sparing
14) Review non move items in stock and recommendation for preservation. Critical spares and preservation in warehouse
15) Site preservation of assets for complex. Drive preservation as per procedure. Feedback & review plan
16) Asset replacement plan for Production Unit (PU). Champion/competent engineer in management of Change for asset replacement. (end to end delivery of project changes). Champion requires differentiation between process driven or technical requirements.
17) Support the technical development of Maintenance Execution discipline staff
Degree in Electrical Engineering with minimum 5 years of experience or equivalent
Preferably as a License Electrical Worker
Demonstrated evidence of Enterprise first values and behaviors will be taken into account during the selection process.
Skill/Experience in the following areas will be an advantage:
Hazardous Area and Ex Equipment
Electrical System Design/Modification
Electrical System Protection and Control
Electrical Equipment Selection
Electrical Construction / Commissioning
No. of Positions 1
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Removal Date 14-Jul-2017