Hilton Executive Secretary, Commercial Services - Asia Pacific in Singapore, Singapore
An Executive Secretary will provide full service administrative assistance and support to the SVP & Commercial Director, Asia Pacific. This role will be coordinating all travel arrangements, expense management and full management of the SVP & Commercial Directors’ diary and meetings management. The position will involve some event management based work and a great deal of liaison with internal offices across the region and globe.
The role holder will be accustomed to working in a high-pressure environment where accuracy and attention to detail are essential. They must be able to multi-task with a positive and flexible attitude. The successful candidate will be a team player with a high degree of professionalism, loyalty, confidentiality and the ability to communicate excellently at all levels.
What will I be doing?
Administrative Activities (60%)
- Provides administrative assistance, including diary management, scheduling, travel arrangements, travel schedule for tax purpose, drafting correspondence, including presentations, taking phone calls, preparing expense reports, organizing conference calls / webinars and assisting with emails, tasks and contacts, plus other ad hoc administrative requests as required
- Provides travel arrangement & expenses claims support for the Senior Director Commercial Services Planning & Optimization, Senior Director Revenue Management & Senior Director Brands, Loyalty & Partnerships
- Receives and appropriately prioritizes incoming calls to the department
- Maintains department correspondence and files
- Takes meeting notes as and when requested
- Designs and prepares departmental reports, e.g. charts, graphs, tables, etc
- Researches, collates and enters data into spreadsheets or databases
- Tracks the department budget and expenditures, and raises concerns
- Drafts, participates in and completes allocated projects with minimal supervision within the required timescales
- Undertakes general office duties
- Maintains contact lists, group email distribution lists and task lists for the Asia Pacific Commercial Services team
Coordinating Activities (20%)
- Responsible for routine coordination and support of the Asia Pacific Commercial Services Leadership Team
- Ensures on-boarding activities for new or transferring team members happen e.g. Laptop set up, mobile phone / Amex card ordering, etc
- Conducts research and compiles reports as requested
- Acts as a central point of contact for the Asia Pacific Commercial Services Team, answering questions, finding solutions to problems, etc
- Works independently or with a team on special projects as requested
- Coordinates the assembly and distribution of information as requested
- Coordinates the updating of people management and learning & development information (e.g. Success Factors)
- Assists with conferences, functions and dinners when necessary
- Anticipates the needs & requirements of the Asia Pacific Commercial Services Leadership Team and takes action as necessary
Other Activities (20%)
- Develops and maintains productive working relationships with external and internal customers, representing the company and becoming a known point of contact
- Develops and maintain positive working relationships with members of the Asia Pacific Commercial Services Leadership Team and their assistants
- Meeting, greeting and hosting guests
- Raise any concerns or issues arising within the department to the Asia Pacific Commercial Services Leadership Team
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of Hilton’s products and services
- Any other duties as assigned by SVP & Commercial Director, Asia Pacific
What are we looking for?
An Executive Secretary serving Hilton Brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
- Self-starter, well organized, detail oriented, assertive, possesses initiative and takes ownership of responsibilities with a high degree of positive energy and drive
- Anticipates future events and takes action to ensure that appropriate plans are put in place, where possible in advance, without the need for specific instructions
- Excellent skills in time management, organization, coordination and communication (written and verbal)
- Excellent diplomatic and poised communication skills
- Capable of handling multiple projects and implement appropriate tracking systems with little supervision
- Completes assignments on time or advises in advance of delays
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to interact effectively and tactfully with employees and customers
- Manages confidential information with complete discretion
- Able to work on a flexible basis and to work occasional overtime when faced with critical deadlines
- Proficient in MS Office packages including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to respond quickly and positively to the changing requirements of the role
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands.
Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Administrative and General
Title: Executive Secretary, Commercial Services - Asia Pacific
Requisition ID: APA012TQ