UBS Financial Services Facilities and Engineering Manager, Southeast Asia in Singapore, Singapore
Are you solid as a rock when you're juggling a lot of projects?
Do you know how to manage and motivate teams?
We're looking for someone like that who can: act as the Facilities Manager for South East Asia (SEA), you will be base in UBS office in Singapore. You will be part of the Global Corporate Services (GCS) organization responsible for all maintenance regimes, due diligence, risk management, condition performance, energy consumption, cost discipline, incident control and event planning associated with the all the Data centers, technical facilities and offices in the South East Asia region according to GCS definition. You will also need to;
- Ensure all key performance indicators are comprehensively documented, tracked and reported in accordance with corporate governance.
- Manage the life cycle of all UBS facilities / critical infrastructure across SEA (Offices, Data Centers, Trading Floors, et al) and in particular all associated building services installed. (Heating, ventilation, air conditioning, electrical power distribution, UPS, Generator, lighting, fire protection systems, and monitoring & control systems.).
- Support all engineering project functions such as detailed design review and approval for new M&E installations and auditing of deliverables throughout the course of implementation to ensure quality of workmanship, and adherence to specification.
- Manage the maintenance, operational management of building services (M&E) systems and installations associated with Mission Critical Facilities that support the core business to ensure maximum uptime / minimum disruption
- Development of facility maintenance management processes and procedures with Regional Head of Engineering and the SEA GCS Management
- Implementation / management of maintenance contracts pertaining to Building Services & Critical Systems installations. Supervision of all works, ensuring compliance with OH&S requirements, security requirements, approved work method statements and relevant corporate policies and procedures.
- Provision of regular technical & financial reporting on maintenance and other relevant installation work. Assist in preparation of Annual Capital Budgets and assist in preparation of corporate strategic plan for capital improvements.
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You will be working in the GCS team in Singapore responsible on all South East Asia countries, lead and manage the onsite team of outsourced integrated facilities vendor and technical staff.
Your experience and skills:
- Degree qualification in electrical, mechanical or building services engineering. Professional qualification with chartered or equivalent
- At least 15 years of experience in MEP/Building Service Engineer. 2 years of experience in banking industry. Experience in high specification banking and financial institution office environment including data center and construction
- Experience in handling critical incident/ time critical relocation / commissioning and maintenance in data center environment is highly preferred. Experience in managing the overall maintenance activities and supervision of local facilities management team.
- Experience in managing the South East Asia region is highly preferred
- Maintain effective operations and have a strategic mind for the region. Proven track record in administration of projects, meeting demand requirement including deadlines of deliverables, and present status updates to senior management.
- Membership of professional bodies is an advantage
Up to 50% of work travel may require
– Flexible approach to working hours and available for 24 hours emergency calls.
– motivated, self-directed and driven (always staying up to date and improving)
– Ability to work independently with minimum direction and exercise good judgment in the performance of work.
– Ability to work concurrently on a wide variety of sub-projects and to meet demanding requirements including dead-lines of deliverable. Ability to interact with internal and external teams
– Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work under own initiative. Excellent written and oral communications skills in English and native ( i.e able to formulate comprehensive and precise reports)
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 156402BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Facilities and Engineering Manager, Southeast Asia
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Singapore
Function Category: Corporate services, infrastructure and facilities