BlackRock Fixed Income Product Strategist, Vice President in Singapore, Singapore
BlackRock Company Description:
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At September 30, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares ®(exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions ®. As of September 30, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website atwww.blackrock.com| Twitter:@blackrock_news| Blog:www.blackrockblog.com| LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
Business Unit Overview
The Fixed Income team offers an array of fixed income products designed to meet specific client risk and return profiles. Incorporating the expertise of BlackRock's sector specialists, each client portfolio is tailored to reflect specific investment guidelines and objectives with respect to interest rate exposure, sector allocation and credit quality. Within Fixed Income, there are two core investment processes – Model-Based, in which we apply quantitative insight to active management, and Fundamental. The Fundamental business conducts fundamental research on economies, interest rates and a wide range of bond sectors and applies it to the construction of diversified portfolios that deliver added value for clients across Asia, Emerging Markets and Global portfolio groups.
The Product Strategy team is responsible for the development of Fixed Income products for Institutional and Retail clients, and representing these products to internal and external clients including investment consultants, existing clients and prospects. The universe of products includes index, model based active and fundamental active. The team is centrally involved in the firm’s thought leadership agenda. Critical to the success of the Product Strategy team is the maintenance of strong relationships with the Institutional Client Business (ICB) and Retail Sales groups, which is responsible for managing and developing BlackRock’s client relationships, and the Global Consultant Relations team, which is responsible for maintaining BlackRock’s relationship with investment consulting firms.
Job Purpose / Background
BlackRock’s APAC Fundamental Fixed Income Business is looking for a product strategist to support general promotion of the fixed income product range.
The primary responsibility of the role will be to support the fund managers, product strategists, institutional and retail sales teams in promoting a variety of IFI’s APAC products globally. The individual will work in partnership with sales, global marketing and other key stakeholders to promote and support these products. This will include presenting to prospective clients, giving update calls for existing clients, working on slides, marketing materials, RFPs, reports and client queries. The successful candidate will possess a deep knowledge of fixed income, the cross-border fund marketplace, investment management and global economics. They will also have a very good understanding of the needs of a very wide range of clients. Additionally, the candidate must have exceptional communication skills and the ability to form trusted relationships and work across the organization.
- Engage clients and distribution partners across regions : Develop a network of client relationships and contribute to/attend client and prospect meetings, including pitching for new business, reviewing key positions, portfolio construction and performance
- Satisfy ad hoc requests for information and analysis
- Create, develop and maintain marketing materials including thought pieces to assist in investor relations, creation/awareness efforts and external engagement. Help define and position BlackRock’s competitive advantage in the wider Fixed Income landscape; must be able understand industry dynamics and drivers of growth
- Working with portfolio managers to provide monthly commentary and fund factsheets, and quarterly fund reports
- Compiling regular reports for segregated client mandates
- Evaluate performance attribution and communicate portfolio performance
- Work with portfolio managers and other strategists to understand and be able to communicate current market conditions and the opportunities arising for clients
- Monitor effectiveness : Develop and maintain metrics for tracking production, product pipeline, meeting initiation, quality of interactions and follow-up with existing client relationships.
- Due diligence: Support and contribute to the management the firm’s response to client and prospect due diligence, including operational due diligence meetings and RFP’s
- Monitor competitive universe : Perform / highlight product and competitor analysis for current and envisaged products
- Assist with product development on new and existing products
- Provide strategic investment insight to clients and prospects across the Fundamental business
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree, CFA ; MBA a plus
- Fluency in written and spoken English essential, fluency in Mandarin desirable
- Good Client facing experience
- Strong understanding of the asset management industry and capital markets, particularly fixed income; Insurance/LDI experience beneficial
- Proven financial services experience, preferably within a product specialist / portfolio management role; Institutional experience desirable
- Ability to execute across teams and drive projects with input and feedback from key stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of global economics and markets and an interest in current affairs and events
- Understanding of performance attribution, market factors and driver of returns across mutual funds and asset classes
- Solid interpersonal skills and ability to quickly form meaningful working partnerships and demonstrate leadership
- Superior writing and editorial skills
- Excellent Excel, Powerpoint and data management/modelling skills
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to deliver pertinent facts in a concise way
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer—M/F/D/V.
To apply to the role, please use the following URL:
Recruiting will create URL with source tracking code.
Job Function: Investment Management (Trading, Research, Portfolio Management)
Organization: INV-T&P-Product Strategy
Title: Fixed Income Product Strategist, Vice President
Primary Location: Asia Pacific-Singapore-Singapore
Requisition ID: 171555
Job Posting: Jun 9, 2017, 11:00:00 PM