Continental Corporation Global Category Manager, Supplier Quality Management in Singapore, Singapore
About Continental With sales of €39.2 billion in 2015, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 215,000 employees in 55 countries. The Automotive Group with its three divisions Chassis & Safety (sales of approx. €8.4 billion in 2015, roughly 40.000 employees), Powertrain (sales of approx. €7.1 billion in 2015, roughly 35,400 employees) and Interior (sales of approx. €8.2 billion in 2015, roughly 40,500 employees) achieved sales of approximately €23.7 billion in 2015. The Automotive Group is present in more than 170 locations worldwide. As a partner to the automotive and commercial vehicle industry, it develops and produces innovative products and systems for a modern automotive future in which cars provide individual mobility and driving pleasure consistent with driving safety, environmental responsibility, and cost-efficiency.
Auto req ID 67537BR
Job Title Global Category Manager, Supplier Quality Management
Posting Location Singapore
• Implement Zero Defects Culture in the Global Category Passive
• Secure “Best in Class” consistent and sustainable supplier quality performance to support perfect launches and no spills in order to contribute to reach the Continental, Division, Business Unit, Category Business and Quality targets.
• Manage the SQM Global Category Passive team.
• Leading the team and ensure the respective competence, skill development, and resources planning.
• Advanced Quality Planning: Components introduction to PLC requirements, APQP Management.
• Supplier & Components Quality Management and Release: Supplier quality assurance along the complete process chain, supplier release and technology release; drive and implement preferred supplier and component strategy.
• Supplier Strategy/Category Management: define global category quality strategy and improvement programs, define and implement quality category requirements, rollout GQA and QPR.
• Escalation Management.
• Supplier Quality Management Systems and Objectives: Implement and drive the defined supplier quality management system (procedures, guidelines and tools), define & drive supplier improvement programs, lessons learned & read across
• Audits: secure implementation and compliance to ISO/TS and VDA standards
• Reporting according to SQM Standards.
• University degree in electrical engineering or science
• Several years of experience in automotive industry(or relevant), in the field of quality, preferably in supplier quality management
• Deep Knowledge in Quality policies, systems and processes; Quality assurance, Product safety issues and Risk Management
• Knowledge in the category of Passive Components will be highly appreciated
• Experience in leading several global teams and developing team members (Leading Leaders)
• Good Communication Skillset
• Several years of working in an intercultural work environment
• Strategic, profit and quality oriented handling
• Act as a decision maker
• Lead Changes proactively
• Enjoys leading and steering challenging topics in a problem solving oriented way
• Willingness to travel internationally
Division Footer Text Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.