NBC Universal Head of Advertising Sales, SEA in Singapore, Singapore
Job Number 34640BR
Job Title Head of Advertising Sales, SEA
Business Segment Global Distribution and International
Sub-Business International UNI
Posting Category Sales
About Us NBCUniversal International Networks is one of the world’s premier entertainment portfolios, delivering quality content and compelling brands to over 176 territories across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Latin America and Asia Pacific. The channel brands in the portfolio include Universal Channel, Syfy, E! Entertainment Television, 13th Street, DIVA, Studio Universal, Telemundo, The Style Network and Golf Channel. These unique brands deliver a full range of entertainment experiences to local audiences across the globe; the portfolio also includes Movies 24 in the UK. Further, NBCUniversal News Group, one of the most influential and respected portfolios of on-air and digital news properties in the world, operate CNBC and NBC News internationally.
NBCUniversal International Networks is a division of NBCUniversal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a suite of leading Internet-based businesses. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Career Level Experienced
State/Province - -
Reporting to the MD Universal Networks Asia, this role will be responsible for identifying revenue opportunities and achieving annual ad sales revenue targets by expanding advertising customer base across existing and new accounts. This role will also be responsible for executing strategies pan regionally to deliver maximum revenue return and customer satisfaction/retention, working closely with sales partners in driving our business in their market as well as join one of the world’s most iconic entertainment businesses and play an integral role in the digital transformation of the advertising sales division
• To meet specified monthly / quarterly / annual local and regional revenue goals for Universal Networks International regionally
• To prospect and generate new client revenues and maximize client retention.
• Manage client and agency relationships; oversee both clients and agencies of current and targeted accounts.
• To manage and limit cost of sale expenditure in client packages.
• Work with Content Studio team in Singapore to deliver creative solutions for clients whilst maximising revenue opportunities for client branded content short and long form.
• Identify marketing opportunities that will be beneficial to the growth of ad sales revenues and awareness of Universal Networks International channel brands.
• To undertake accurate and timely reporting and forecasting as required for Head of Ad sales for presentation to management
• Support the global sales team by providing information and account support where appropriate.
• To provide support and direction to the Regional Marketing team on local marketing initiatives
• Collaborate with team and numerous internal constituents and external parties to develop appealing and profitable proposals for advertising clients across multiple categories, brands, verticals and platforms.
• 10+ years of media sales experience, must be able to demonstrate results. Marketing experience would be preferred.
• Good and wide network of contacts in the industry throughout the market, at various levels
• An ambitious self-starter with a passion for digital, in particular video and social media and how advertisers can engage audiences with content online
• Must have good understanding of the sales cycle, being able to connect with and understand clients needs,
• Be well versed with the creative pitching process, good knowledge of the mechanics/metrics of TV ratings, CPM and programmatic advertising etc,
• Experience managing big MNC accounts and delivering strong year on year growth in sales and margin
• Good presentation skills - in both creation and presentation.
• Excellent communication – external and internal - and influencing skills - ability to listen and tailor plans to customers needs
• Ability to work to deadlines in a dynamic market
• Ability to pull together internal resources to put together and customize creative out of the box proposals for clients/agencies
• Proven ability to work across functions
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.