Turner Broadcasting Human Resources Manager in Singapore, Singapore
Posting Job Title Human Resources Manager
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Human Resources
Singapore - Singapore
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
Purpose of the role
The HRM will be responsible for the delivery of a proactive and full range of HR services to employees across Turner client groups in the Asia Pacific region. The role will involve working closely with the leaders in employee engagement, development and retention. Functional responsibilities will include: Recruitment, Organisational Design, Talent Management, Learning and Development and Employee Relations. Working alongside the HR team, this position will be provide support to enable the delivery of the company’s Human Resources strategy and Business Objectives.
- HR Generalist support including but not limited to full cycle recruitment, training and development plan research, design and delivery for specified client groups.
- Build effective working relationships with the Management team and other stakeholders within the business to an extent where you understand their challenges and can identify appropriate HR interventions to support them.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships within the supported business units, providing a model of HR professionalism. Stays abreast of business objectives and initiatives, unit performance and issues and all requests for HR services in support of objectives, initiatives and issues.
- Ensure a good understanding of the financial drivers of your business and competitive market activity in order to ensure HR is well placed to provide commercial advice and respond to current and future business and market challenges.
- Provide coaching and counselling to management on leadership and employee development issues with creative and strategic HR value-added recommendations in support of clients’ requests. As required, advise and coach managers on specific performance, conduct, absence or employee relations matters ensuring that all conduct and capability issues are dealt with in good time, sensitively and appropriately.
- Support Managers in identifying and planning appropriate development interventions for their teams. Encourage focus and ownership in them managing the talent profile within their areas through the use of success on planning tools.
- Undertake and manage projects and new initiatives as directed to support the achievement of the HR and Business strategy.
- Education: Degree in HR or a related field, HR certifications a plus
- Prior Experience / Industry:Experienced HR practitioner with 4-6 years generalist experience
- Knowledge:Working knowledge of APAC employment law desirable
- Technical and Business:Strong business acumen, ability to provide HR services and advise in a commercially sensitive and appropriate way.
- Self-Management:A completer/finisher, able to get things done and be proactive and responsive
- Language:Fluency in English is essential, Chinese language skills would be advantageous
- Regional/Country Experience: Experience of working in a U.S organization is desirable. Experience and exposure in working with and partnering with remote teams across a global matrix organization.
- Strong intellectual capacity and ability to analyze, understand and advise on complex HR issues from a commercial perspective and with cultural sensitivity but underpinned by a detailed understanding of legislative and best practice requirements.
- Ability to assimilate information quickly taking into consideration commercial needs versus balancing risk and exposure to the broader organization.
- Effective change agent, able to be proactive, lead by example and support the implementation of change across the business.
- Able to inspire confidence in the Management team, and key stakeholders both within HR and outside of HR.
- A good sense of humor and a want to have HR be regarded as a serious Business Partner is essential.
MUST HAVE STATUS TO LIVE AND WORK IN SINGAPORE