Marriott Insurance Manager, Asia Pacific in Singapore, Singapore
Marriott International is the world s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The Insurance Department procures and manages Marriott's insurance programs to protect the corporation and its customers against various property, liability, employee and financial risks.
This position manages critical elements of Marriott s risk management and insurance programs, including coverage placement, analysis, contract review, and renewal oversight & submission for the Asia Pacific Continent. It supports the Insurance Department with day-to-day operational elements of Marriott s International Liability Insurance programs, including China and India placements.
The incumbent will support the Senior Manager, Asia Pacific Insurance in the review and analysis of contractual insurance provisions, as well as Business Case Analyses (BCAs). We are looking for a detail-oriented person, fluent in Mandarin with excellent written, analytical, and verbal communication skills, as well as a demonstrated commitment to the risk management discipline.
The Manager, Asia-Pacific Insurance reports to the Senior Manager, Asia-Pacific Insurance on a direct line basis. The position does not supervise anyone.
The position interacts with Hotel Directors of Finance, as well as Marriott s Finance, Law, Development, and Asset Management departments, as well as corporate staff/management, insurance brokers, insurers, and outside vendors.
The incumbent is expected to manage one s workload with limited direction to manage Asia-Pacific s property/casualty needs. The position includes the following duties:
- Assist in managing the strategy, placement, and execution of Marriott s international casualty insurance programs, including China & India, including assistance in marketing strategy, underwriting data collection, actuarial analysis, pricing & terms, integration of new properties & acquisitions
- Review, manuscript, and negotiate contractual insurance and indemnity provisions for continent s managed full and limited service managed and franchised hotel agreements supporting development and operations.
- Assist with the collection of data and preparation of excess liability premium allocation including managing monthly and quarterly maintenance
- Manage high risk Business Case Analysis (BCA) for hotels including consulting services to the hotels, negotiation of insurance provisions, limit determination, and coordination with Global Safety and Security
- Interpret insurance clauses under Franchise and Management agreements and demonstrate ability to provide coherent explanation to Owners
- Evaluate and perform loss-trend analysis of insurer loss data to validate claims data, loss prevention strategies, and production of quarterly loss reports for management
- Develop and administer annual stewardship report to regional management
- Review owners insurance coverage for proper adherence to management or franchise agreement compliance
- Support to optimize claims best practices in China and India
- Assist to consult hotel and continent leadership on guest claim requests and claims trend analysis
- Organize and develop insurance presentation and/or summaries for internal and external clients
- Develop International Liability Insurance Feasibility quotes
- Conduct special projects as needed
Expected Leadership Contributions
- Provide leadership and direction to brokers, Director of Finance, and Owners regarding the continent s property and casualty insurance programs
- Negotiate favorable coverage pricing and terms for locally procured insurance programs
- Responds to, solves, and makes decisions on more complex/non-routine business requests with moderate to high risk
- Monitor insurance markets to maintain program competitiveness
- Meet with hotel management, hotel owners, and hotel asset managers as necessary
- Bachelor s degree
- Fluent English and Mandarin speaking required
- Five to eight years relevant corporate risk management, insurance, underwriting or brokerage experience
- Experience with foreign multinational operations a plus
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and organizational skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to influence and communicate effectively with insurance and non-insurance professionals
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated proficiency of Microsoft Office 365, including Excel, MS Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job: Finance and Accounting
Requisition ID: 17001E3E