VMware Japanese Speaking - Instructor/Instructional Designer, Global Field and Partner Readiness in Singapore, Singapore
The Learning Architecture and Design (LEAD) team, under the Global Field and Partner Readiness organization, is seeking a candidate to be responsible for delivering industry-leading training to VMWare sales staff across the APJ region and is expanding our team. We are looking for a sales trainer who has the passion, experience and expertise to inspire our field sales people and partners to sell VMWare solutions. Our team is responsible for providing enablement training for our sales force and partners, so knowledge of sales and sales methodologies is highly desirable. You’ll need proven technical sales experience, have delivered sales skill straining, and know how to transfer your skills to others. Applying the sales training content to real life selling experience is a must. The candidate will also be responsible for supporting the development of training material and therefor have an instructional design background and skills to design, develop, and update training materials using a variety of tools and strategies. This role will be responsible for working with key stakeholders and subject matter experts (SMEs) to consult on and complete projects, implement feedback, and apply Field and Partner Ready standards and criteria. This role will interact with Global teams and Subject Matter Experts, and work with stakeholders who are located in different Geographies such as the Americas, Europe/Middle East/Africa, and Asia Pacific. The position requires a self-starter with strong project / program management skills, great communications and presentation skills, and the ability to work with a variety of roles in the sales organization. VMware has a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment, which will require the ability to manage shifting priorities, and build strong credible relationships.
Responsibilities & Scope
• Deliver sales training
• Work with the LEAD team to plan and execute delivery of live and virtual training.
• Meet with employees, partners, and vendors, when necessary, to plan work and solicit feedback and requirements.
• Deliver programs effectively, achieving high scoring evaluation ratings and feedback.
• Work with the LEAD design and development team as needed to facilitate courseware development efforts to maximize the re-usability of materials and IP.
• Work with the operations team to coordinate program delivery efforts
Required Skills and Experience:
• Minimum of 2+ years’ experience delivering sales enablement training
• Excellent presentation, facilitation, classroom delivery and management skills.
• Japanese or Chinese, and English Language proficiency at (Japanese or Chinese at CEFR Level B2)
• Experience using a variety of instructional design tools
• Clear, professional, and concise communications (written/verbal), presentation and facilitation skills.
• Experience in managing, interacting and influencing senior level stakeholders.
• Understanding of adult learning concepts and techniques.
• Flexibility and agility to operate in a dynamic environment.
• Ability to take initiative and to set priorities independently
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
• Proficient in MS Office (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access)
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Japanese Speaking
• Sales and/or sales leadership experience in a high tech environment.
• Proficiency with one or more of the following tools: Articulate Storyline 2/360, Adobe Captivate, Content Raven, Refract.tv, BrainShark, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, VideoScribe, YouTube, Saba LMS
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.