NBC Universal Legal Intern in Singapore, Singapore
Job Number 31594BR
Job Title Legal Intern
Business Segment CNBC
Sub-Business CNBC International
Posting Category Internships
About Us Universal Networks International, the global channels division of NBCUniversal, is one of the world’s premier entertainment networks, delivering quality content and compelling brands to over 248 million subscribers in 150 countries across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Latin America and Asia. The portfolio is spearheaded by four core channel brands – DIVA, E!, Universal Channel and Syfy – which deliver a full range of entertainment experiences to local audiences across the globe.
Career Level Co-op/Intern
State/Province - -
The Legal Intern will assist the Department’s work in supporting the legal needs of Universal Networks International, under the supervision of the Department’s VP and two Legal Counsels.
Your responsibilities may include the following:
• Legal research on topics required by the business, particularly intellectual property and media regulatory developments across Asia Pacific;
• Maintaining internal documents which (i) summarise regulatory issues and legislation changes or (ii) track rights acquired or licensed by the business (eg, program acquisition, channel distribution);
• Researching technological developments relevant to television and digital media, and considering and reporting on legal implications;
• Assisting in the preparation and proof-reading of various contracts and other legal documents (eg, talent agreements, content licences, legal notices, etc);
• Providing similar legal support to CNBC Asia (NBCUniversal’s business news channel in the region);
• Assist Department in day-to-day operational matters;
• Work with other interns on assigned projects and present to the management team at the end of internship; and
• Any other duties dependent upon varying work requirements.
- Ability to commit for 6 months from 2nd January to 29th June 2018.
• Currently undertaking, and excelling in, an undergraduate degree in law or a relevant diploma at a polytechnic
• Ideally the candidate will have completed modules relating to intellectual property and/or media law (and at the very least will have a keen interest in those areas)
• Well-developed skills in legal research, and legal argument & reasoning
• Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
• Highly organised, a team player, but also able to take initiative and work independently
• Demonstrated proficiency with web-based tools and Office suite
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.