Turner Broadcasting Manager, Business Systems Management in Singapore, Singapore
Posting Job Title Manager, Business Systems Management
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Technology/Information Technology
Singapore - Singapore
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Oh!k, truTV, TCM, TNT, Warner TV, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. At Turner, we believe diversity and inclusion are business imperatives so we’re looking for candidates from all backgrounds that can help us Re-imagine TV.
No matter the risk, no matter the challenges,we are one Turner. Have fun; Less Fear; All in!
What part will you play?
As our business continues to move to a consumer centric model the realisation of business requirements and transforming the way we work requires multiple teams, departments and countries to work together, evolve and collaborate for a successful outcome for Turner. With Technology and Operations as the underpinning providers of capabilities on which we launch and operate our services, we are the central point of coordination across multiple stakeholders and 3rdparties to ensure we define and implement the end to end solutions to deliver the capabilities required by our business.
The primary responsibility for this role is to support the key stakeholders across the Turner SEAP business with strategic solutions and services required to fulfil our supply chain operations, business propositions, service launches across the APAC region.
This role will manage and evolve the Turner APAC T&O service catalogue which defines our core services, workflows and SLA’s and ensure it is aligned with our strategic business plans and key revenue streams
What will you be doing?
- Strategic Input and Coordination - 20%
- Working closely with the SEAP business stakeholders in commercial, programming and distribution, this role is the key contact and point of coordination between central APAC T&O and regional teams for defining and delivering the strategic services required to support our new business models and launches across APAC.
- Business Analysis - 30%
- Contribute to the design of T&O operations and services for Turner SEAP consumer propositions across linear, non-linear, syndication, D2C, ad sales and digital sales, focusing on aligning to best industry practice, innovation and efficiency. Alignment of solutions across other Turner international regions as well as the Turner International technology roadmap.
- Defining the processes, workflows, use of systems/technology to enable the launch of new consumer services and propositions, including liaison with 3rd party suppliers, product vendors and service providers to define and agree the scope of their services
- System Support - 30%
- Responsible for the support operations and first line user support analysts across the key broadcast management supply chain systems for SEAP in alignment with APAC AND EMEA. This includes the business user support teams across rights management, linear and non-linear scheduling, meta-data, media asset management, airtime sales and content delivery workflow systems and services. This also includes defining and managing the systems upgrades roadmap.
- Benefits and Reporting -10%
- Create and maintain data gathering and reporting mechanisms to facilitate the organizational learning cycle. Foster a culture of fact based decision making and cause - effect analysis that focuses on getting better every day. Maintain and use communication channels with local groups to keep all parties informed and aligned. Prepare periodic reports for distribution to all interested parties which will demonstrate the effectiveness of the support operations.
- Governance and Best Practices - 5%
- Provide discipline and structural practices to guide the program with leadership, oversight and control ensuring that standards and practices as set by Turner and good practice are applied consistently and in executing the program effort. Participation in audit and BCP activities as required including BCP and DR testing, SOX, internal and external audit.
- Team Management and Development - 5%
- Manage and align personal and team objectives with APAC and EMEA to create a positive atmosphere which fosters personal and career development.
Engage in activities that help identify and address areas for team and personal growth within the context of a corporate environment. This includes the use of external and internal resources that increase the value of the individual to the organization. What do we require from you?
- Budgeting, financial tracking and reporting skills
- Risk mitigation skills
- Demonstrated understanding of business process analysis
- Able to express concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing to varied audiences
- Superior customer service skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to all levels within the company
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage priorities
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills
- Meeting facilitation and presentation skill
- Leadership to drive change and influence others
- Degree in Communications, Business Administration, Management or equivalent years of related experience
But wait, there’s more!
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands!
- Summer Fridays, End of Year Leave and more!
- More Fun, Less Fear, All In Culture
Applicants must have status to live and work in Singapore
All applications may be considered for other suitable positions within the Time Warner Group.
All applications will be retained for a maximum period of one year. Turner International Asia Pacific Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer A TimeWarner Company