Turner Broadcasting Manager, Licensing - SEA in Singapore, Singapore
Posting Job Title Manager, Licensing - SEA
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Licensing
Singapore - Singapore
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
Purpose of the role
The primary purpose of this position is to manage the licensing agent for SEA to maximize retail, merchandise and promotional programs for South East Asia. The role will work directly with the Executive Director to plan, develop and implement the International CP strategy and identifying new licensing partnerships across South East Asia.
The position is responsible for managing all commercial activities related to licensing and merchandising for all CN brands and/or third party franchises.
Retail Development & Sales Management (80%)
- Determine the strategic direction and growth opportunities for the consumer product business by distribution channel / retailer / franchise and business line.
- Direct/Manage licensing agent in conjunction with franchise and retail strategy and oversee execution to ensure adherence to brand guidelines and maximize revenues.
- Cultivate and maximize existing partnerships to elevate and optimize category penetration and market distribution.
- Track and compile competitive activity, including mirco-industry and licensing-specific trends.
- Develop retail and relationships to ensure existing placement of franchise and to forward increase shelf space.
- Develop and secure retail promotions/programs, pertaining to the retail category and drive across category support to ensure maximum exposure for all franchises and maximum buy-in from retail partners.
- Regular presentations and franchise overviews to retails and key partners to drive regular ranging on shelf/replenishment and refreshment and develop a DTR business. Where necessary, in conjunction with Executive Director and Creative Team.
- Provide support information and relevant materials to agents, retailers and key licensees such as broadcast schedule, success stories, press stories etc to keep CN franchise top of mind recall.
- Financial planning and reporting: revenue projections, tracking and reporting monthly forecasts, cost management/budget tracking and LRP preparation.
TBSAP Entertainment SEA Network Planning, Collaboration and Development (20%)
- Work closely with all TBSAP entertainment team (Content / CS / Marketing) on annual network strategy planning, development initiatives and OTG events to maximize awareness, and performance of our franchises through integrated network initiatives.
- Work closely with internal departments to ensure maximum franchise support and that all licensees make best efforts to tie in any tent pole themes / promotional events when applicable.
- Education: A degree in Business Administration, Management, Retail/Merchandising or related fields
- Prior Experience / Industry: More than 5 years of experience in licensing field
- Language: English, Chinese, Bahasa (will be an advantage)
- Regional/Country Experience: Within South East Asia
- Team player and bring passion into work.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with peers at all levels in the organization.
- Fluent in English and Chinese with strong oral and written skills.
- Self-motivated and highly pro-active. Resourceful, takes initiative and drive projects forward.
- Exhibit strong analytical and problem solving skills and ability to multi-task and perform in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Meticulously detail orientated and strong follow through.