Turner Broadcasting Manager, Standards & Practices in Singapore, Singapore
Posting Job Title Manager, Standards & Practices
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Programming
Singapore - Singapore
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
Purpose of the role
This position is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day running of the Compliance department for SEA. The S&P Manager ensures that local regulatory requirements and Turner’s Content compliant policies are applied to all Kids and General Entertainment linear and non-linear content across the Asia Pacific region.
- Content Compliance & Standards (30%)
- Ensure all Original and Acquired content meets local broadcast guidelines and is appropriately classified.
- Flag to senior management any content that may need to be banned for specific feeds/territories. View pre-production content and flag any potential issues as required.
- Liaise with local and APAC Compliance teams on a regular basis to ensure standards are maintained throughout the region.
- Keep abreast of any local compliance issues/regulatory changes across SEA and maintain S&P guidelines accordingly.
- Ensure all content edits are seamless and do not have any impact on the flow/quality of the viewer experience.
- External Communication (20%)
- Communicate and interact with Programmers, Network Operations & Channel Heads as necessary to determine and execute operational requirements.
- Investigate any viewer complaints that may arise and work with appropriate Marcomms colleague & channel lead to draft appropriate responses.
- Assist the Snr Manager in the provision of guidance in terms of Compliance, Standards & Practices to relevant parts of the Kids & GE broadcast business, liaising with CN US Studio, Warner Brothers, US Standards & Practices, Legal, Acquisitions, Scheduling, Presentation, Promotions, Production, Advertising, CNE, Marketing and Digital.
- Vendor Management (20%)
- Work closely with S&P vendors to ensure Turner standards and broadcast guidelines are met during the vetting and editing of content.
- Refine and manage processes for working with vendors to nurture and effective and efficient working relationship.
- Monitor and manage delivery timelines as required.
- Workflow & Efficiency (15%)
- Continuous improvement of Compliance workflows.
- Ensure accurate entry of Compliance information of all classification and ban information.
- Responsible for maintaining agreed turnaround times on viewing of all content and ensuring content is completed in line with broadcast priorities
- Team Management & Development (15%)
- Manage volume of content for viewing across Compliance team.
- Develop, motivate and devise succession plan for the team.
- Keep team up to speed on any policy/ regulatory changes.
- Provide support in advising on specific issues that arise in the content.
Hold regular team meetings to ensure that everyone is aware of upcoming challenges/ changes to workflow etc. Selection criteria
Bachelor’s Degree – TV/ Communication / Psychology preferred
- 5+years of experience in the Television Industry with a minimum of 3 years in content compliance
- Working knowledge of broadcast regulation across SEA & ANZ regions.
- Knowledge of advertising and sponsorship compliance regulations and issues
- High level fluency in English – both verbal and written
- SEA TV experience preferred – Kids and / or Entertainment genres preferred
- Knowledge of a core Asian language e.g. Mandarin, Bahasa Indonesia or Bahasa Malaysia
- Knowledge of online edits, audio sessions and dubbing production
- Experience with managing a team
- A passion for contentStrong Execution and logical thinking to meet dynamic situations and results orientated with an interest in keeping up to date on media industry developments / trends
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Self-starter; confident in making decisions within area of expertise
- Demonstrate creative expertise on troubleshooting situations and able to offer practical solutions.
- Ability to work as part of a fast paced operational team with a consumer focus
ALL APPLICANTS MUST HAVE STATUS TO LIVE AND WORK IN SINGAPORE