Microsoft Corporation OMC Operations Manager (APAC) in Singapore, Singapore
Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure & Operations (MCIO) is the team behind the Microsoft cloud. MCIO is responsible for delivering and managing the physical infrastructure that supports over 200 Microsoft online services around the world. Our scope includes hardware deployment and maintenance, critical environment services, security and compliance, incident management, and partner/vendor management. The OMC delivers logical support to the MCIO Data Centres located across the globe.
In the OMC Operations Manager (OOM) role, you will have an opportunity to lead a dynamic team of professionals across the Information Technology (IT) and Critical Environments (CE) spectrum to support 24x7x365 DC operations across an entire region. From managing regional staff, coordinating with other regions, and engaging Microsoft service groups mentioned above -- your broad range of skills will drive tactical and strategic direction and build consistency in delivering Microsoft's online services across DCs in your region.
· Based out of Singapore and reporting to the OMC Regional Director of Operations, the core accountabilities and responsibilities of this role will include: Management and oversight of the OMC Site Services, Logistics, Deployment and DCSMRS teams.
· Partner with peer OMC Operations Managers and global program teams to drive and implement consistent programs at all data centers.
· Manage, develop and coach your direct reports to deliver strong performing regional teams.
· Through your team, deliver the build out, onboarding, and operationalization of new Data Centre capacity.
· Support the incident and outage process to ensure proper root cause analysis and appropriate follow-up with affected site contacts
· Proven ability to both directly and indirectly motivate disparate teams to solve issues
· Analyze production operations and initiate corrective actions to ensure operational stability.
· Initiate and establish quality standards for the OMC teams and manage those initiatives through to completion
· Coordinate with multiple business groups (BGs) to ensure all teams are maintaining high service levels As a senior leader, excellent customer service, interpersonal awareness, program management, personnel management, and communication skills will be pivotal in bringing your technical and leadership abilities to life, supporting Microsoft’s future success! Some regional and international travel will be a requirement of the role.
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience:
· 6+ Years’ experience in a production, mission-critical, 24x7x365 operations environment
· 5+ Years’ experience managing a skilled diverse IT workforce
· 4+ Years’ experience managing large-scale and complex projects or programs
· Strong working knowledge of physical IT and CE infrastructures (Enterprise or larger business context)
· Strong working knowledge of audit and compliance requirements in a large global enterprise
· Excellent business acumen and financial management experience
· BS/BA in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Telecommunications, or equivalent experience preferred
· Strong communication, presentation, and influencing skills are a must Customer service & support