Microsoft Corporation Partner Technical Architect - Partner Operation in Singapore, Singapore
The Partner Technical Architect (PTA) role is key to Microsoft's partner management strategy as part of the One Commercial Partner Organization (OCP). The goal is to assess, enable and build partner’s technical capability to support pre-sales and customer engagement. The PTA should possess deep solution and technical expertise to be able to drive high priority initiatives aligned to the Microsoft Partner Journey Maps in collaboration with Microsoft teams and the partner. The role will need to develop required solutions and build partner technical capacity by working with the managed partner portfolio through the Build-With lifecycle, from recruit to grow, aligned to partner segment. The PTA will own the technical engagement including business architecture, solution architecture, architectural design and manage specific implementation programs with corresponding Proofs of Concept plans. The focus of the role evidences Microsoft’s deep commitment to the partner ecosystem to build a mutually beneficial technical and practice development relationship by working closely with partner technical leadership. The PTA represents Microsoft to the channel, communicates our tech strategy, sells our vision and brings partners along in the digital transformation journey. The outcome will be to drive long-term revenue, accelerate cloud consumption and digital transformation through a set of practices leading to workload/industry based co-sell.
The Partner Technical Architect (PTA) will drive practice based partner technical capabilities in collaboration with the PTS. This is a partner facing role that is accountable for developing and support practices in both existing and newly recruited partners. Key responsibilities include:
• Assess the partner technical capabilities and develop a custom learning path based on the identified gaps. Plan testing environments and review existing operational and delivery technical model.
• Deliver deep level technical workshops, executing on the defined learning path and developing technical aspects of key scenarios defined in the technology roadmap. Enable and teach the partner in performing and delivering Architecture Design Session (ADS). Provide guidance for completing competency/qualifications technical requirements.
• Enable the partner in identifying technology opportunities that enable and/or support the creation of differentiated offers in the market. Enable the partner in creating/adapting SOW for the offers, defining the delivery/operational models and including adoption services and activities.
• Enable the partner to be successful during pre-sales activities which includes delivery of Proof Of Concepts (POC), Pilots, Prototypes and technical blockers and objections removal.
Enable the partner to discover ways to automating solution to reduce costs and create repeatability, while documenting processes for knowledge retention and IP.
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
• Deep understanding of cloud computing, business drivers, and emerging computing trends and their impact on customer opportunities.
• Ability to create deep technical relationships and assess level of the partner technical roles, designing a time effective learning path and evaluate the progress toward the defined milestones.
• Deep technical skill and significant experience in the relevant practice area and technology focus.
• Understand how to leverage technology solutions for supporting business goals, providing guidance on supported and not supported technical scenarios. Capability to design and implement practice based architectures or equivalent competitive experience.
• 10+ years of related experience in technology solutions/practice development, Cloud / Infrastructure technologies. Knowledge of MS platform preferable, project management, technical Sales and technical account management.
• Extensive experience of managing virtual teams across functions and geographies:
o Inclusive and collaborative – driving teamwork and cross-team alignment
o Strong partner relationship management and solution development skills
• Strong executive presence including communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort to large and small audiences.
• Problem solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, conflict resolution, and follow through with partners.
Technical BS degree, Computer Science or Math background required. MS in related fields desirable