Microsoft Corporation Principal Program Manager in Singapore, Singapore
The Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure and Operations (MCIO) group is an exciting and fast evolving engineering group within Microsoft. MCIO’s mission is to optimize and deliver industry leading cloud infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft’s online services. The organization is responsible for strategy and delivery of the foundational platform for all Microsoft Online Services including demand and capacity forecasting, supply chain, data centers, networking, bandwidth, operations, and incident management. MCIO supports over 200 online businesses including Bing, O365, OneDrive, Xbox and Microsoft Azure branded services.
To ensure cloud revenue and supporting operations work in concert to deliver on our Customer promises, we’ve established a robust Sales and Operations Process (S&OP). Our connection with our company revenue targets along with actual ‘performance radar’ acts as key demand planning signal. As part of the S&OP process, we’ve established a specialized Regional Program that interfaces with Sales, Marketing, Finance and Engineering teams. This allows us to do deep forensic reviews of the global revenue patterns, translate these into work load demand units and these contribute to our cloud datacenter growth strategy by region.
We’re looking for talented individuals that have cloud sales, field support engineering, supply chain and/or capacity planning and management experience.
• As part of the S&OP Program within MCIO, we’re looking for a ‘APAC Region S&OP Leader’ that will partner closely with our APAC Subsidiary Leadership and Country Managers to align on cross company sales initiatives and revenue performance.
• The APAC Region Leader will develop and manage regional capacity strategy working closely with Finance, Engineering, Demand Forecasting and the HQ S&OP managers to build in-region growth plan, business reviews, and capacity and infrastructure recommendations.
• The APAC Region Leader will implement and oversee the appropriate APAC rhythm of the business enabling MCIO to capture insights from specific sales theaters (targets, performance, pipeline).
• The role will be required to span across Executive leadership, Sales Leads and Technical Specialists to address region specific capacity opportunities and challenges.
• The APAC Region Leader will partner with Engineering Planning teams and will contribute to the establishment, launch and capacity planning of regional datacenters and infrastructure.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBLITIES:
• The key interface to Sales leadership to plan optimal level of capacity to support regional revenue targets and market expansion strategies. Work with Finance on P&L aspects of S&OP, develop and manage CAPEX council asks, and formulate what-if financials.
• Provide demand and supply strategies appropriate for the region working closely with cross organizational teams, including inspection of the strategic enterprise opportunity pipeline and development of leading indicators to predict business opportunities and challenges proactively.
• Manage and drive business efficiencies across all aspects of the regional supply chain, by designing and implementing the regional rhythm of the business for APAC regions in coordination with marketing and Engineering Planning teams. ROB will help communicate progress, isolate key challenges and opportunities and will accelerate decision making.
• Act as a capacity ‘Account Manager’ for all regional capacity opportunities and challenges and become a trusted advisor to regional leadership teams for cloud infrastructure planning and execution. Synthesizing key feedback from customers, partners, and our field to communicate sales blockers and best practices that improve our offerings and worldwide, transformative selling capability.
• Strong cross-functional leadership across MCIO partners and Corporate teams to support customers and partners, market expansion, and advancing Microsoft Cloud First strategy in the APAC region.
• This role will require travel 40% 50% range throughout the APAC region.
• 8+ years of experience leading sales and field support, capacity planning and financial management, preferably with cloud based services.
• 5+ years of highly developed quantitative and analytical skills. Understanding of business metrics, financial analytics, and proficiency with financial calculations for capacity planning. The successful candidate will be skilled at capacity planning scenarios and financial modeling, with strong communications skills, passionate about solving complex problems.
• Proven track record with outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills demonstrated by cross group delivery, especially between sales, operations, engineering and business groups.
• Functional knowledge of Microsoft technology, cloud computing, connectivity and supporting business models and experience or exposure with integrated business planning processes.
• Data-based, analytical and detail oriented, yet balanced with an ability to be able to step back from the data to draw the right business conclusions. Translation of complex situation into simple narratives for decision making/action to meet evolving business requirements.
• Strong problem solving, judgment, decision making and strategic capabilities, complemented with a bias for action. An ability to think critically and act decisively in ambiguous situations.
• Excellent communicator (written and verbal) with demonstrated customer, partner and field empathy and ability to create and deliver executive friendly presentations.
• Thrive in a fast-paced environment with the ability to adapt quickly to new technology and processes
• BS/BA degree in Computer Science or Finance or a related field. MBA preferred. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role.
• Cloud infrastructure, data services, and application development experience with deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends.
• Proven track record of building relationships with senior executive and decision makers across business and engineering teams with an innate ability to collaborate closely with field sales teams and leadership
• Experience designing, developing, and maintaining complex program with demand/supply management components
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Core Services Engineering