Microsoft Corporation Pursuit Lead, SEA in Singapore, Singapore
Location - Based Indonesia/Vietnam/Philippines/Thailand/Malaysia
Are you looking for an opportunity to drive significant impact in one of the most strategic areas of Microsoft? Microsoft’s Global, Sales, Marketing and Operations Team is hiring Digital Transformation Pursuit Leads to drive Microsoft’s ambitious growth on our cloud Platform.
This is a unique opportunity for a bold, customer oriented, strategic thinker to help identify prospects and execute Microsoft cloud deals that drive significant publicity, competitive share, and revenue for the Microsoft Azure platform in the Transform the Datacenter space with a focus on Networking.
We’re looking for a proven deal maker who can identify strategic market opportunities for Microsoft, present and work with CxOs, qualify prospects and orchestrate the complex pursuit of business. Core competencies in the role include: customer obsession, resilience, goal oriented, embraces internal and external leadership opportunities, strong business networking ability, public speaking, CxO level presentation and partnering skills, structured thinking, and deep project management.
This senior role will report to the Corporate Vice President in EMEA, Asia, the US, and Emerging Markets and will partner closely with resources in Engineering, Marketing, Finance and Legal, Business Desk, and other groups across Microsoft. Specific responsibilities include:
• Build the portfolio of prospects to drive large scale adoption of Microsoft Azure in the marketplace
• Evaluate and prioritize market opportunities that realize large revenue or change market perception for Microsoft Azure in the marketplace
• Business Development and Planning with the customer to help them transform their business
• Drive deals broadly across the Cloud + Enterprise technology eco-system
• Cross Microsoft orchestration to drive the pursuit to closure
• Business Development and Sales Leadership
• Deeply understand how to create a new business offering from scratch via different forms of partnerships, and strategic investments while keeping a laser focus on revenue, profitability, and market share growth.
• Translate strategy into action and a clear passion for closing deals.
• Ability to ramp up quickly and understand thoroughly the economics, dynamics and intricacy of the cloud business, knowing what levers to pull and when to pull them to influence change, and continually monitoring ongoing trends to anticipate change and proactively lead a timely response.
• Assess markets and trends to determine opportunities for Microsoft that provide opportunities for customers/partners to leverage the Microsoft Azure platform.
• Apply innovative thinking to develop or refine product or services approaches, business models, or marketing strategies to proactively and strategically respond to opportunities.
• See the big picture, develop models, learn from experience, and see the system impact on the business ecosystem (of actions, decisions). Stay focused on situations, problems, or technology as they relate to the marketplace and customers.
• Demonstrate a deep understanding of what is critical to the business in making appropriate decisions that directly affect Microsoft product lines or portfolios, solutions, or services.
• Focus on the essential issues in complex technical and business problems to make appropriate decisions.
• Understand industry, business, and/or technology trends and competitor strategies to make effective decisions and compromises.
• Applies breakthrough thinking to shift from a box product to services paradigm.
• Ability to quickly ramp up in new technical areas and gain credibility with engineering stakeholders
• Ability to influence senior technical and business audiences internally and externally to arrive at deal terms that fully address the objectives of both.
• Ability to collaborate across different functional teams to drive the right business and technical outcomes.
• 15+ years' experience spanning complex solution selling, consulting services sales, sales management, corporate strategy, investment banking
• Prior business development experience highly desired.
• Deep understanding of cloud computing, application hosting, social media and software development (level 200+).
• Experience building long-term commercial agreements that deal with ambiguities and dynamic business changes while minimizing risk.
• Able to analyze and model financial data
• Demonstrated ability to creatively move difficult deals forward by restructuring the deal and/or finding ‘win-win’ scenarios and ensuring competitive advantage.
• Coordinated partners and internal teams, both business and technical to deliver on strategies.
• Accurately provided senior executives with required information, which ensured project visibility and risk mitigation.
• Developed competitive insight into long-term industry and market evolution to capitalize on historical and similar industry events and activities.
• Developed strong relationships with external partners.
• Domestic and International travel of up to 50%.
Business development & strategy