SAP Research Program Manager for Singapore SAP Innovation Center Network Deep-Machine Learning Job in Singapore, Singapore
Requisition ID: 156570
Work Area: Software-Development Operations
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
Research Program Manager for Singapore SAP Innovation Center Network Deep-Machine Learning
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The SAP Leonardo Machine Learning (ML) unit aims to make all SAP business applications and platforms intelligent. We are a strategic focus area within the SAP Innovation Center Network (ICN). The ICN combines software engineering excellence with thought leadership and entrepreneurial spirit. We pioneer game-changing solutions in close collaboration with customers, research and industry partners as well as with other SAP units.
To successfully enter new markets, we rely on empowered teams with end-to-end responsibility. You will work together with globally leading universities in machine learning and deep learning, as well as a team of experts including machine learning and deep learning specialists, software engineers, dev ops experts, designers and business developers.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
• Co-innovate with world's best universities, SAP customers, and SAP engineering teams on future SAP products
• Push the state of the art research & technology in Artificial Intelligence –Machine / Deep Learning, Virtual Reality (VR/AR/MR), Cyber & Data Security, IoT / Network Data / Big Data Processing, and emerging others areas creating new solutions for SAP's customers
• Bridge the gap between the results of academic research and into SAP products and customers.
• Communicate and showcase results of projects to SAP executives and clients to drive market success
• Manage research program, set strategic research directions and goals, supervise research projects in collaboration with research institutes, universities and National Research Foundation (NRF).
• Set goals for individual team members, understand their development objectives and help them define plans to achieve these objectives and provide necessary resources and requirements.
• Mentor and supervise interns and PhD scholars, motivate and promote their research to achieve their related goals in terms of publications and patents.
• Orchestrate research works of PhD scholars and their SAP mentors, make sure they work on relevant research topics and projects.
• Gather and review Machine Learning use cases within SAP, define the assessment process and help to evaluate the technical feasibility of the use cases.
• Help product development teams to evaluate their road maps in Machine-Deep Learning and provide technical reviews and feedback.
• Contribute ideas, inputs and processes to be continue to be a lean startup inside a corporate environment
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• PhD in Mathematics/Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research.
• Broad overview across tabular, time-series, natural language, image/video, speech and graph data with deep experience in one or more of these domains
• Track record of having developed methodologies / novel algorithms with publications in top-tier conferences and journals.
• On-going collaborative industrial relationships with strong connections to the industries, research institutes, universities and NRF (National Research Foundation).
• Project management experience, resource planning and management, people team management.
Successful track record of software product delivery with machine learning/deep learning
• Proficiency working with multi-terabyte datasets in distributed Linux/Unix environments
• Experience with Deep Learning software packages such as Caffe/Torch/Theano/TensorFlow
• Ability to visualize data and present core insights in a clear and compelling way
• Self-organized in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Strong team player
• Good written and oral communication skills in English
• Experience with enterprise applications
• Agile software development and lean startup experience
• German language skills
We are looking for an outstanding individual with proven track record of excellent research and/or building new cutting-edge technology-based products (such as AR/VR-based, machine learning-based products). You are at the post-doctoral (or equivalent) career level and you have gathered experience working on and leading multiple data-driven projects.
Experience: 7-15 years
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.