Amazon.com Security Systems Engineer in Singapore, Singapore
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Data Center Operations Security Team is seeking a highly talented and motivated Security Systems Installation Engineer to join our team. The team is responsible for the design and installation of security systems equipment including, but not limited to, Access Control/Intrusion Detection and CCTV Surveillance systems.
You will also be responsible for the continuous review of existing standards and to stay abreast of developments in new technology that will enhance the physical security footing of AWS data centers and collocations. You will work directly with the Cluster Security Managers (CSM’s), the Ops Team and customers, both internal and external to translate their requirements into physical security systems design and implementation. Your work will include supporting the construction and deployment of physical security packages for all AWS data centers and collocations in Singapore. You will also work closely with contractors and vendors to ensure that all security standards are met during the construction phase of the facilities.
The ideal candidate for the role will be willing and able to work in all disciplines, at all levels; from system design and layout, construction and implementation and oversee system maintenance and upgrades over the life of the project. You will have an in depth knowledge of security technology, be innovative, highly organized and know how to deliver results on time and on budget.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Installation of approved physical security system hardware, that includes access control devices, intrusion detection devices, and other components of datacenter physical security systems
· Design of a physical security system for datacenter expansion projects
· Preparation of security design documentation and bills of material for expansion projects for the purposes of pricing by approved vendors. Review and quality assurance of vendor quotes. Submission of complete and accurate vendor quote packages to the Infrastructure Technical Project Manager for inclusion in expansion project CARs.
· Project management of security system installation vendors in support of datacenter expansion projects.
· Representative for physical security system acceptance, sign-off, and operational readiness validation
· Indexing and archiving of project close-out documentation.
· Reporting performance metrics such as physical security system installation vendor service delivery performance and device performance as required
8-10 years of experience working with physical security design and implementation of Access Control/Intrusion Detection and CCTV Surveillance systems.
Ability to manage programs/projects of medium to large scale that are complex in nature.
Ability to interpret program objectives and the compilation of and adherence to project timetables.
Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals regarding physical security standards and designs.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
Have a track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
Proficient in AutoCAD
Gold/Silver Certification with Lenel Access Control Systems
Training in Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED)
Familiarity with various Access/Intrusion Control Systems to include Red Cloud Security
· Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Amazon offers competitive packages including comprehensive health care, 401(k) or equivalent benefits, restricted stock units, growth potential and a challenging and exciting work environment.
AMZR Req ID: 493709
External Company URL: www.amazon.com