Shell Senior Due Diligence Analyst in Singapore, Singapore
Auto req ID 56459BR
Job Title Senior Due Diligence Analyst
Country of Work Location Singapore
City, State (if applicable) Singapore
Work Location Singapore - Metropolis
Company Description Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East.Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region.We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.
Customer Due Diligence (CDD) is one of the first lines of defense against financial crime. The Customer Due Diligence process is an essential part of an organization’s systems and controls to prevent and detect financial crime with a particular emphasis on Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Combating Terrorist Financing (CTF) and Anti-bribery and corruption (ABC).
As a Senior Due Diligence Analyst, you will be responsible for researching the required information on counterparties to perform a risk assessment and make a recommendation on their suitability to do business with Shell Trading & Supply.
Your research will focus on the counterparties geographical presence, industry, products traded, political status, and reputation.
The role is expected to:
•Undertake and perform Enhanced Due Diligence assessments and Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC) customer due diligence to make recommendation on the suitability of business relationships
• Liaise with external counterparties to collate required company information/documentation and verify evidence obtained during the customer due diligence process to ensure authenticity
• Working to tight deadlines often under pressure and be able to prioritize your workload with shifting demands and priorities in a fast-paced commercial environment.
• Ability to analyse substantial amounts of data, identify red flags, other areas of concern and escalate matters requiring the attention of the Team Lead or Money Laundering Reporting Officer appropriately
• Collaborate with commercial and functional stakeholders to enhance their understanding of the financial crime on-boarding requirements to raise the profile of the financial crime team and ensure the smooth onboarding of new and existing customers.
• Bachelor Degree with at least 3 years of working experience in the KYC/AML area in financial institutions, accounting firms or due diligence firms.
• Working knowledge complex corporate structures including Trusts, Funds and tracing of ultimate beneficial owners and understanding the risks of Politically Exposed Persons, sanctions, anti-money laundering and bribery and corruption
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to identify suspicious activity, evaluate and mitigate the financial crime risks of the customer to provide a recommendation for on-boarding.
• Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills to manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Certifications in Anti-Money Laundering such as Certified Anti Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) or International Compliance Association (ICA) Diploma in Anti Money Laundering will be advantageous.
• Fluent in Mandarin with the ability to read and understand documents in Chinese will be advantageous in order to liaise with Mandarin speaking only counterparty.
No. of Positions 1
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Removal Date 30-Aug-2017