Marriott Senior Manager, BMSC Planning Services, Consulting Field Support, APEC in Singapore, Singapore
Marriott International is the world s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The Senior Manager, BMSC (Brand, Marketing, Sales & Consumer Services) Planning & Services, Consulting & Field Support, Asia Pacific Excluding China is a key member of the BMSC Continent Consulting Services organization that provides business consultancy services to the Chief Sales & Marketing Officer (CSMO) and their leadership team. Reporting to the Director, BMSC Planning & Services, Consulting & Field Support and Vice President, Sales & Marketing, Asia Pacific Excluding China, the position leads specific projects ranging from the development of strategic roadmaps to the oversight of strategic consulting and project management efforts of complex programs across the entire Continent.
This position in working with the BMSC Consulting Services, Asia Pacific Excluding China Leadership team, is responsible for engaging regional S&M Leadership to identify, plan and locally execute the sales and marketing project initiatives that will enable a successful delivery against the strategic priorities of Marriott International. Success in this role requires strong organizational skills, strategic thinking, and the ability to manage multiple priorities at the same time. This position will work closely with other departments within Marriott s Corporate Headquarters (e.g., Sales, HR, Finance, and Analytics) as well as with senior leadership in the field.
This individual will focus primarily on projects similar to ones in the following areas:
- Baseline assessment workto inform prioritization of transformation projects within or across Continents (e.g., Brand, Marketing & Digital Assessment, Baseline Assessment)
- Organization and Infrastructure engagementsto drive profitable revenues for corporate functions and hotel properties (Brand, Marketing & Digital Org. Deployment, Sales Office Consolidation Strategy, Account Sales Strategy)
- Manage and execution support for ad-hoc APEC S&M Performance initiativessuch as Owner meetings, deployment modifications and other strategic initiatives
Education and Experience
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Economics, Marketing, Hospitality Management, or related majors; 2 years experience in business, management consulting, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional areas.OR
- 2-year graduate degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Project and Strategy Leadership
Leads cross-functional teams comprised of discipline experts from HR, Finance, other BMSC Planning & Services departments, and Asia Pacific Excluding China S&M Leadership to:
- Plan and implement Asia Pacific Excluding China S&M initiatives with minimal oversight, working with regional S&M leaders and Director, BMSC Consulting Services to meet project objectives and goals on time and on budget
- Provide project management and analytical support for large, complex, cross-function transformational projects
- Create and deliver periodic and ongoing presentations on findings and opportunities for senior management and other key stakeholders (e.g., hotel Owners).
- Actively engage internal partners (e.g., change management, communications, HR, Owner Franchise Services) to prepare content for materials as needed for deployment of BMSC initiatives.
Leads initiatives in partnership with the Asia Pacific Excluding China S&M Leadership team to drive change across the S&M organization. Acts as a project leader and day-to-day project decision maker with the following responsibilities:
- Accountable to results of the project
- Provide content guidance to the project
- Participate in review cycles at key milestones & provide go/no-go decision
- Actively participate in strategy sessions
- Contribute to strategy development
- Develop and drive implementation plan
- Ensure appropriate sponsorship and resourcing
- Establish key milestones and approval roles
- Ensure timely delivery against milestones
- Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates self confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
- Informs and/or updates leaders on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Manages time effectively and conducts activities in an organized manner.
- Presents ideas, expectations and information in a concise, organized manner.
- Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
- Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by manager.
AdaptabilityMaintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
CommunicationConveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
Problem Solving and Decision Making-Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
Professional Demeanor- Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
Strategy Development-Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
Building and Contributing to Teams-Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
Strategy ExecutionEnsures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
Driving for Results- Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
Planning and Organizing-Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
Customer Relationships-Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company s service standards.
Coworker Relationships -Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
Global Mindset-Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
Organizational Capability- Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
Talent Management- Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
Applied Learning- Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
Business Acumen-Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
Technical Acumen- Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
Demonstrates working knowledge of discipline-specific systems, tools, and business processes.
Basic Competencies- Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
Basic Computer Skills- Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
Mathematical Reasoning- Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
Oral Comprehension- Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
Reading ComprehensionUnderstands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Writing- Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job: Sales and Marketing
Requisition ID: 170013PJ