Marriott Vacations Worldwide Senior Manager -- FP&A in Singapore, Singapore
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
This role is a strategic business partner to associates at all levels, providing leadership, supervision, and training and development opportunities to members of the FP&A team. In this role, you are responsible for managing the Asia Pacific planning cycles and segment reporting, ensuring these are managed within the framework established by Corporate and Regional requirements.
You will also be responsible to review, consolidate and analyze financial data from sites and regional for submission to our Corporate office. You will lead the various planning processes (Forecast, Budget, Strategic Plan, LRP). You will provide financial leadership in the reporting and analysis area by implementing best practices and strengthen analysis.
Core Work Activities
Responsible for ensuring the team's timely periodic reporting including:
- Period close reporting, consolidation and analysis -- overall segment and specific business lines
- Preparation of the period variance analysis
- Period Strategic Deck and Period Commentary for the region
Drive the Forecast/Budget/Strategic Plan/LRP processes
- Lead the forecast/budget process for specific business and operating units
- Review forecasts/budget prepared by Site/Corporate
- Consolidation view at Asia level and bridge analysis, including forecast variance analysis
- Centralization of forecast/budget analysis when needed
- Develop Strategic Plan and Budget/LRP templates and projections
- Develop Strategic Plan and Budget/LRP bridges
- Present analysis to Senior Leadership team
- Entity forecast/budget
Provide strong business partnership to business leads
- Meet with business partners to foster their understanding of their department's business performance, actual to budget variances, forecast, LRP, strat plan etc
- Work in conjunction with business partners to develop their respective department's budgets and forecasts
- Liaise with various business partners supporting the different process areas at Corporate
Review, address and implement "Best Practices" for the analysis of the FP&A function
- Standardization of analysis and centralization where appropriate
- Simplify processes when possible
- Develop walk through write ups on specific processes
- Ensure account/operating unit structure is adequate to business needs, and enable meaningful reporting
Modelling of new business opportunities and projects
- New site start-up
- Business model changes
Responsible for continuous process improvement using Performance Reports to drive efficiencies
- Liaise with Financial System support team for changes and improvements
- Drive report automation
- Implement meaningful analysis and reporting
Actively support the development and training of associates
- Provide day-to-day coaching, guidance and training to team members
- Develop team members' FP&A skill-sets
- Strong focus on team engagement
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- A minimum of 10 years' finance and accounting experience, inclusive of 3-5 years of FP&A experience
- 3-5 years' management experience
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- PeopleSoft and Cognos experience preferred.
- Highly adaptable and skilled at managing to the variable nature of growing business
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, priorities and reporting units
- Fast-learner and able to grasp concepts quickly
- Logical and analytical thinker
- Self-motivated/Highly driven
- Positive attitude
- Proven organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work with people at all levels of the organization
- Proven analytical approach to problems
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation skills
Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibiting behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; making a good first impression and representing Marriott in alignment with its values.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; obtaining and comparing information from different sources to draw conclusions, develop and evaluate alternatives and solutions, solve problems, and choose a course of action.
- Adaptability - Maintaining performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Driving for Results - Setting high standards of performance for self and/or others; assuming responsibility for work objectives; initiating, focusing, and monitoring the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively taking action and going beyond what is required
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Leading and participating as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacting with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Developing and sustaining relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with MVCI's Spirit to Serve.
- Fostering Inclusion - Supporting associates with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; leveraging personal differences to achieve objectives; and promoting a work environment where all associates are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Talent Management - Providing guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Personal Expertise
Technical Acumen - Understanding and utilizing professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges
Auditing and Reconciliation - The ability to recognize, research, and resolve discrepancies in financial data, and create flow charts on main accounting and control cycles (A/R, AP, Cash) to facilitate understanding of key control points.
- General Finance and Accounting - The ability to perform bookkeeping procedures, proficiently use financial systems technology, and accurately complete general ledger entries; knowledge of database structures in order to obtain financial queries; establish Cash flow statements and cash flow forecast with a good understanding the financials flows and the working capital needs.
- Analysis - The ability to create and maintain spreadsheets as well as analyze and summarize financial data using appropriate financial software.
- Accounting Knowledge - Knowledge of general accounting principles and current company accounting policies and procedures. This includes general accounting and financial reporting, auditing, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
- Accounting and Internal Control Knowledge - Knowledge of local Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (local GAAP), MVW Policies (MVWP), and International Standard Operating Procedures (ISOPs).
- Auditing Skills - The ability to perform auditing procedures, including the ability to recognize, research, and resolve discrepancies in financial data.
- Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable - Knowledge of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable processes, including knowledge of subledger reconciliation and controls.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Using basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled