Amazon.com Senior Operations Manager, Prime Now in Singapore, Singapore
Amazon Prime Now is looking for a passionate and talented senior operations leader, supporting Prime Now. You will lead the critical areas of Fulfillment, Operations and Delivery. This role will be based out of Singapore, and will require extensive travel.
The Senior Operations Manager will be responsible for all budgetary, people development and operations objectives for Prime Now. Additional responsibilities include managing and leading a team operations managers, coaching and mentoring the team to ensure performance objectives are met, building positive employee relations, collaborating with the corporate team and building leadership bench strength within the organization.
• Drives creation of quality initiatives, process change initiatives and other Lean initiatives to enable their fulfillment center to meet and exceed business plan.
• Responsible for the overall safety, quality and performance and customer experience of Inbound or Outbound operations.
• Will set and clarify requirements and expectations for Operations and Area Managers. Measures performance, provides feedback, and holds Ops Managers accountable for their performance and the performance of their departments.
• Leverages the Operations and Area Managers by sourcing and nurturing ideas, and rolling them into the creation of improvement plans for the functional area.
• Takes proactive steps to ensure that best practices are shared across all departments, shifts and among the network.
• Works closely with support staff (HR, Finance, Facilities, Safety, IT and other operations program managers) to build and secure support and resources for projects and initiatives in their area, as well as providing needed support and resources for other staff initiatives.
• A completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or 4+ years Amazon experience
• 7+ years direct management experience, including a salaried workforce, in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment; ideally five of those at a senior level role
• Demonstrated track record of team leadership within a large scale, fast-moving and process-driven environment: end-to-end process management experience is a must,
• Experience with performance metrics and process improvement and Lean techniques
• Experience with the full staffing lifecycle, including interviewing, hiring, performance management, promotions and terminations
• Excellent command of English – both verbal and written
• Candidates must be flexible to work a variety of hours as business demands, including overnight, weekends and holidays
• Candidates must be geographically flexible to travel
• Degree in Engineering, Operations or related field and MBA preferred
• Proven ability to drive metrics improvement at a country level
• Experience with a contingent workforce during peak seasons
• Experience of managing third party contract resource arrangements
• Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment in stressful situations
• Interest in long-term career development
AMZR Req ID: 566351
External Company URL: www.amazon.com