McGraw Hill Financial S&P Global Platts 2018 Commodity Summer Associate Program - Singapore in Singapore, Singapore
S&P Global Platts Commodity Summer Intern Program
S&P Global Platts are seeking intern candidates that will be involved in working directly with one or more price reporting teams across oil, natural gas, power, petrochemicals, shipping and agriculture. The intern will gain exposure on how to generate the content that powers Platt’s price assessments and news produced for the markets we cover. As a part of the internship, candidates will have the opportunity to learn about the market reporting and price formation processes in addition to learning to generate and news coverage. Interns will be heavily involved in project based work supporting the business with its key initiatives.
• Our real-time news, pricing and analytical services help markets operate with transparency and efficiency.
• Be part of a global company with a strong history of growth and a globally diverse workforce with 20 offices spanning five continents.
• Be known as a respected source of essential information and part of a renowned brand.
• Get the best of both worlds:
a nimble, highly specialized company and a business casual culture with the benefits and backing of S&P Global – a company that fosters development and growth, as well as work-life balance.
• We are looking for world-class thinkers to join our team at S&P Global Platts, the principal provider of commodity price assessment and information to more than 10,000 customers in 150 countries. The content you generate and the relationships you build are essential to the markets.
• Price reporters provide insightful market commentaries that demonstrate Platts' thought leadership in the market, demonstrating our ability to spot key trends that help customers better anticipate market-moving events and phenomenon.
What’s in it for you:
• 10-week rotational summer internship commencing in June 2018
• Training – including Basics of Market Reporting & Editorial Standards and new training on editing reporting, writing and media law
• Opportunity to learn about various aspects of Oil, Power, Natural Gas, LNG, Coal, Petrochemicals, Metals, Agriculture and - or Shipping markets
• Exposure to a number of market subjects including supply and demand, infrastructure issues, geo-political issues, transportation and regulation, and how these subjects impact respective markets
• Shadow experienced Price Reporters in assigned markets
• Receive hands-on research and reporting experiences
• Conduct research and writing assignments for potential publication
The Team - The Business:
You will be part of a global team in Platts Content. You are considered a specialist in the market(s) you will be working in and being a team player is very important in this role.
• Identify drivers moving the daily markets
• Learn and demonstrate successful interviewing techniques and how to obtain data for commentary
• Write concise, informative commentary
• Verify source information through appropriate channels
• Learn and demonstrate understanding of Platts Market on Close assessment process
• Rising juniors graduating in 2019; Masters students will also be considered
• All majors welcome:
concentration in Journalism, Communications, Business, Marketing, Economics, Mathematics, Finance, Engineering, or energy related disciplines preferred
• Fully matriculated students maintaining a minimum 3.0 GPA
• Strong communication (good verbal skills, listening techniques, and a clear, concise writing style)
• Able to learn quickly, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
• Understand importance of building strong relationships and partnering with team members
• Problem-solving, time-management, attention to detail & organizational abilities to work efficiently with clients
• Intellectually curious; the ability to learn quickly
• Some knowledge of social media and web technologies (e.g. HTML)
• Significant comfort level with suite of Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint Excel)
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with conviction. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE:
SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence.For more information, visitwww.platts.com
S&P is an equal employment opportunity employer, and it is the company’s policy not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.