Microsoft Corporation Sr. Demand Planner in Singapore, Singapore
In support of the ‘One Microsoft’ strategy which is focused on creating a family of devices and services that empower people around the globe at home, at work and on the go, for the activities they value most, we have recently established a Demand Planning function. The Devices Demand Planner co-ordinates cross-functional efforts to ensure the availability of Microsoft Devices to the right place at the right time and the productivity of inventory across MS commercial and consumer channels across all the assigned markets.
We are looking for a passionate individual that is ready to drive end to end ownership in Demand Planning for Microsoft Devices into all Asia time zone markets. This position will primarily engage with regional and global Demand Planning team, Subsidiary Product Marketing Managers, Partner Sales Excellence teams, Solution Sales Specialists and Supply Chain Management functions.
The Devices Demand Planner must have the necessary confidence and skill set to deliver strong business results and play a key role in participating in large scale Device launches and process improvement projects stemming from within our organization.
Success in this position requires proven business results in a Sales & Operations Planning environment, a passion for operational excellence, quality, process improvements, communication, cross-group collaboration skills and a desire to make an impact. The ideal candidate has a passion for Sales & Operations Processes, has a strong analytical skill set, is agile and possesses mature organizational abilities and ability to deal with ambiguity.
• Regional Demand planning: Drive the consolidation of regional unconstrained demand process, lead the demand process with Sales and Marketing teams and negotiate the Supportable demand plan with Global Planners, Supply Chain and Subsidiary Product Managers.
• Regional Demand shaping: Apply product roadmap (NPI/EOL), price/promo assumptions to country and area demand plans. Leverage demand/supply recon and sell down plans (EOL) to shape the regional demand signal.
• Process Management: Define new end to end S&OP processes to enable scalable, repeatable solutions and execution excellence. Identify and support resolution of recurring regional issues and develop programs that eliminate them.
• Execution and Performance Management: Monitor performance against Demand/Supply plans and define, coordinate and implement preventive/corrective performance plans. Minimize Excess and Obsolescence and Improve Forecast Accuracy.
• Cross Group Collaboration & Stakeholder Management: Develop and maintain productive relationships with Sales & Operations, Supply Chain, Marketing and Segment teams.
• Functional Leadership: Leverage industry standards and best practices to develop and implement a demand planning roadmap to improve functional maturity.
• 8+ years’ experience in demand planning, forecasting or Sales & Operations related functions (required), preferably within a Commercial, distributor or supplier to these channels
• Leadership of cross functional projects including setting scope, reaching consensus, execution, and presenting results.
• Experience in working with Global and regional demand planning, sales, supply chain and marketing functions in a matrix environment.
• Experience with MS Office Applications, including advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with SharePoint a plus
• Experience with SAP a plus
• Fluency in English language both spoken and written and any additional languages is a bonus.
• Possess business acumen, able to think and plan strategically, and also able to execute tasks with strong attention to detail.
• Strong communication, interpersonal & presentational skills with proven impact & influence to senior stakeholders within a subsidiary/regional environment.
• Results orientated with strong analytical and problem resolution skills
• Ability to be resourceful and work effectively while operating in a lean matrix organization within a country or regional context
• Ability to work under continual deadline constraints
• Strong process/system background and proven capability to rapidly understand, use and drive improvements in new processes/systems
• Strong critical thinking and ability to drive resolution in ambiguous situations
• Bachelors degree in business, supply chain, operations management, or engineering
• This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. Supply chain & operations management