Microsoft Corporation Sr. Finance Manager in Singapore, Singapore
The Revenue Recognition team supports the Asia Pacific Operation Center (APOC) for the financial accounting and reporting responsibilities which includes partnering with various business stakeholders to provide revenue recognition expertise that may impact the operations and business.
This individual contributor position is responsible for all revenue-related matters within APOC. He/she works very closely with his/her peers in Statutory Controllership and Revenue Assurance teams globally to support and drive Statutory Revenue Center of Excellence in the region. Key responsibilities include:
(1) Statutory Revenue Close Process:
Ensure that revenue is reported at a legal entity level in accordance with US and local GAAP in an accurate and timely manner:
• Ensure automated and manual processes are in place for revenue related entries to land at an entity level
• Be the primary point of contact for all legal entity revenue processes
• Manage and report out on revenue analysis on a monthly and quarterly basis to support quarterly sign off
• Support all internal or external audit queries on revenue recognition
• Support and ensure revenue controls compliance in accordance with US and local GAAP & SOX
• Manage any local GAAP revenue processes to ensure local GAAP compliance
• Collaborate with the global team to ensure consistency and drive process improvements
(2) Contract Reviews and Technical Consultations
Ensure that revenue is reported in line with US GAAP requirements:
• Review software and other contractual arrangements in accordance with US GAAP to identify language that may require non-standard accounting treatment.
• Be the local subject matter expert providing technical advice to business partners on revenue recognition in order to influence deal structures to maximize revenue for the company.
• Partner with Corporate Accounting, subsidiary business controllers, licensing community, Operations groups (Order Processing, Asia Credit Services, Program Management to understand and resolve issues identified in the contractual arrangement reviews.
(3) Projects and Initiatives
Build and strengthen the Statutory Revenue Controllership function and provide Revenue subject matter expertise in all statutory related projects:
• Support the on-boarding of new entities to the Statutory Revenue Controllership function
• Assess impact and build new processes required by product or system launches, accounting standard changes, regulatory requirements, etc.
• Drive understanding of statutory revenue excellence, providing training where necessary
• 8 -10 years of related work experience in a IT/software MNC or Public Accounting Firm
• Strong working knowledge of iFRS and US GAAP, particularly around ASC 606 and iFRS 15
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; Certified CPA
• Strong analytical and controls/ compliance experience, particularly using SAP and/or MSFT analytical tools in the review of financials
• Strong planning and organizational skills, with ability to work under tight deadlines
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively across multiple groups, responsive with strong customer service orientation.
• Ability to work both independently and as a team player
• Ability to speak and read Japanese and/or Mandarin would be highly regarded
• Local GAAP and SAP knowledge would be highly regarded Finance