Microsoft Corporation Sr Subsidiary Product Marketing Manager, APAC in Singapore, Singapore
Business and Monetization - As the Office Product Marketing Manager Public Sector and Project & Visio, you are accountable for the business goals and targets of the PS Segment (revenue, scorecard and share dashboard). You will lead the engagement with sellers as well marketing to ensure employees are fully participating in the marketing initiatives and campaigns. As a result, you are accountable for the cross-segment partnership within APAC. You are also responsible for managing the inputs to program management during the product planning process with special focus on Project & Visio.
Marketing Planning - As the Office Public Sector Product Marketing Manager, you will translate the business group marketing strategies into integrated marketing plans that will be supported by the managed segment and evangelism. Your key deliverables will include annual marketing execution plan, launch plan, internal and partner readiness plan, digital media plan, positioning frameworks and messaging, product content and programs, market research plan, local customer evidence, and competitive positioning and response insights. You will create or translate marketing plans for your products, for your geography based on an understanding of the market, competitive landscape, customer and economic dynamics, risks and global alignment. You will develop strong partnerships with the other marketing stakeholders to lead and execute the fiscal year local priorities. By partnering with all relevant marketing teams, you will create the most impactful marketing strategy and execution plan, minimizing ad-hoc and un-integrated customer and partner outreach. Your goal is to think and act as “One Microsoft” by successfully engaging stakeholders with clearly defined roles and responsibilities. In doing this, you are an ambassador of the overall Product Brand experience and Microsoft CPE.
Competitive Positioning and Response - Based on competitive insights and strategies, you will provide the leadership cover to orchestrate the cross subsidiary/segment commitment and coordination to execute said strategies. You will drive the escalation processes in competitive situations and ensure we have our best possible offer on the table. You will orchestrate win/loss reviews and distill the learnings. You will collaborate with other organizational managers to identify and implement the changes based on these learnings. You will assess the overall ecosystem (internal sales, Partner sales, connected sales and marketing motions) and establish changes needed to build a sustainable compete muscle.
Product Advocacy, Positioning, Messaging & Storytelling - You will ensure that for the managed segment, right product position, go to market for Public Sector. You will promote Microsoft’s overall strategy and direction – internally and externally - by aligning value proposition information with target audience, brand personality, and desired attitude change which are the foundation of effective messaging and storytelling development. You will be able to articulate the differentiating capabilities of your products. You will monitor the consistency of the product brand.
• 12+ years of product marketing, sales, emerging markets and business leadership experience, people management experience preferred.
Skills & Knowledge
• Develop and attract talent
• Product and customer focused
• Understand product advocacy and evangelism
• Core marketing experience (positioning and messaging)
Being a conduit between technology and the business with the voice of customer in mind • Role model for Microsoft values
Product Evangelism (40%)
• Maintain product knowledge and evangelize the product internally and externally to Press, enthusiasts, influentials and pre-sales customer scenarios
• Provide product related content like customer benefits, competitive differentiators, and value of the product roadmap to all subsidiary marketing activities, including those owned by Segment marketing, Audience marketing, and other BGs
• Adjust and provide differentiated value proposition and compelling, localized product-related content, product Bill of Materials(BOM) (To-Customer and To/thru-Partner)
• Execute product launch activities/releases
• Contribute to Partner readiness and product evangelism delivery/business development
• Create campaign/program business plan and campaign investment decisions for BG-owned campaigns and activities
• Work closely with segments to develop customer evidence
Business Management (30%)
• Own and drive segment KPIs and scorecard metrics related to the Rhythm of the Business (ROB) and Correction of Errors
• Develop local business management strategy - partner with segment to interpret market opportunity and risk and build appropriate GTM/CoE Plan
• Determine key insights and asks to accelerate adoption of Office, qualify inhibitors (with recommendations) to escalate to subsidiary LT and Corp.
• Participate in preparation for Mid-Year Review (MYR) and connection meetings as appropriate
• Participate in quarterly connection meetings with corp to support the local BG Lead.
Marketing Planning (20%)
• Own to developing the local product marketing strategy from a commercial perspective for the BG
• Create marketing plans and campaign investment decisions, including targeting, for product marketing-owned campaigns and activities, partner with segment/channel teams to prioritize investment decisions for non-product-marketing owned activities.
• Own to execution of product roadmap and product launches
• Drive commercial product marketing strategy implementation and value proposition landing
• Develop competitive tactics to drive target market share gains
• Conduct marketplace environmental and competitive analyses from competitive intelligence and Sales Excellence input from Competitive Discovery.
• Determine a common set of KPIs for marketing activities in collaboration with other teams involved (e.g. segment marketing, audience marketing, other BGs)
• Support the BG Lead role in developing the commercial local marketing plan for ASM.
• Identify strategic market maker partners to drive scale in SMB.
Program/Campaign Execution (10%)
• Manage commercial go-to-market for ASM, typically with a focus on one or more individual sub-segments.
• Plan and execute Office product and feature releases.
• Responsible for driving deployment and usage efforts locally.
• Actively engage cross Segments and cross Subsidiary in the One Microsoft orchestration (rationalized audience touches, coordinated offers, integrated marketing calendar, etc.)
• Act as the voice of the field by ensuring timely updates/feedback to Corporate on product marketing and campaign execution in subsidiary.]
• Track and report marketing performance/KPIs through standardized marketing tools.