AbbVie Tax Manager in Singapore, Singapore
To assist with direct and indirect taxes for Singapore and other countries. The position will also be responsible for the continued implementation of AbbVie’s Tax Operating Model (TOM), managing the tax compliance process, advising on the execution of commercial transactions, and supporting external/internal tax audits and initiatives.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the outsourced compliance process for direct and indirect tax including: o review tax filings; o coordinate with shared service accounting(AFS), BPO & local finance teams; o collaborate with above stakeholders on periodic calendars.
- Collaborate with third party providers on the preparation of tax provision calculations for US GAAP and Local GAAP reporting purposes.
- Assist with the analysis of direct and indirect tax technical issues that impact relevant legal entities;
Support tax initiatives/enhancements, including:
o Refine indirect process manuals developed in conjunction with indirect tax advisors and AFSo Prepare/update tax decision trees for AP and GL usage purposes
Effectively track and manage key enterprise direct and indirect tax risks, including the risk of non-compliance.
o payments of direct and indirect tax liabilities;o submission of refund claims.
Maintain appropriate supporting documents for direct and indirect tax returns, in accordance with local tax rules and ensuring that a full audit trail is available in the event of an audit.
- Proactively monitor direct and indirect tax legislation/policy impacting designated subsidiaries, including any potential required changes to processes and the SAP system.
- Develop and maintain relationships with local tax authorities and advisors.
- Support the Regional Tax Director on projects as needed. Qualifications:
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in Corporate Tax and GST.
- Regional tax experience in countries like Singapore and other APAC countries.
- Experience with SAP will be an advantage.
- Ability to provide local country support for direct and indirect taxes regarding the execution of business transactions.
- Experience in developing, maintaining and delivering guidance on the correct treatment of direct and indirect taxes for financial statement purposes.
- Ability to provide direct and indirect tax support on new business initiatives, contracts, M&A, and tax controversies.
- Knowledge of challenges associated with MNC, manufacturing and/or biopharmaceutical entities (e.g. transfer pricing).
- Good Microsoft Office skills.
Soft Skills / Others:
- Good leadership & analytical skills, with a hands-on attitude.
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment and initiative.
- Capable of taking ownership and responsibility, with appropriate support, for direct and indirect taxes.
- Ability to work in a virtual multi-cultural team and to build strong working relationships with a diverse range of co-workers and other individuals.
- Flexible in time to have calls with Tax CoE and other coworkers in other time zones.
- Willingness to travel, if required, to support relevant entities under his/her responsibility.
Job Classification: Experienced
Primary Location: Singapore-Central Singapore-Singapore
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 1704612