General Electric Team Leader- Operations, GE Water & Process Technologies in Singapore, Singapore
GE announced they signed a definitive agreement to sell the Water & Process Technologies business to SUEZ, a services and solutions company with global operations primarily in water and waste management. The deal will be subject to customary closing conditions such as regulatory review and appropriate consultation and we expect this to be complete by mid-2017. Water & Process Technologies will operate business as usual through this process and will continue to meet its commitments to its valued customers and employees. This includes hiring strong talent to help the business grow and be successful. GE is targeting to complete the sale of the business by mid-2017.
The Team Leader rations, GE Water & Process Technologies will lead a team of highly skilled scientists and engineers, involved in lab and pilot scale process, equipment and product applications development in novel water treatment technologies.
The job scope includes, but may not be limited to, the following:
• Managing a team of multi-disciplined engineers to develop ideas, design lab and site pilots and operations of pilot plants to develop solutions for water and wastewater treatment.
• Own pilot equipment and process project(s) at internal and external sites
• Develop cost models for various treatment options, and own the techno-commercial models to use as guide to decision making
• Formulate process design and process flow, recommend measurement and control systems compliant with the design.
• Design experiments, operate and troubleshoot pilot membrane applications equipment.
• Work closely with the Team, Key stakeholders, Process Engineers and Chemists to deliver projects on schedule.
• Collaborate with pertinent local and global groups within GE - technical (analytical, product management) and commercial (sales and marketing)
To be successful in this role you would
• Possess either Ph.D. or Masters in Chemistry, Engineering or Mechanical from a locally or internationally recognized university with at least 7 years experience in a similar role
• Draw on your commercial acumen especially when preparing detailed cost evaluations
• Demonstrate excellent communication skills when working with cross functional teams both locally and internationally
• Draw on your in depth knowledge and experience in membrane development and /applications in water and wastewater treatment to lead, manage and develop a team.
• Demonstrate hands-on experience with process equipment design, process flow, and/or operations.
• Be self-motivated with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Demonstrate project management skills, including recording, statistical analysis and maintenance of data.
• Lead by example to drive a strong Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) culture both internally, and externally
Locations: Singapore; Singapore
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.