Jeppesen Technical Integration Specialist 4 in Singapore, Singapore
Senior Technical Service Engineer
At Jeppesen we create amazing software that helps millions of passengers around the world to safely and efficiently reach their destinations. Look up in the skies and you will see a quarter of a million crew members on thousands of aircrafts flying schedules produced by our software.
We are best in the world at what we do and we are the preferred choice for the world’s premiere airlines all around the globe such as Lufthansa, Delta Airlines, Qatar Airways, SAS, Turkish Airlines, British Airways, Virgin Atlantic, Qantas, Singapore Airlines and many more.
We strive to continuously improve and are on a never-ending journey to transform to an even more agile, even leaner and even more dynamic organization. Our employees are the heart and soul of the transformation and the role of the leadership team is to support them in any way possible. We want to further strengthen our team with a colleague who will add a new dimension to the team with her/his experience, insight, inspiration and motivation.
You will work in a one-of-a-kind organization with fascinating solutions that make a difference for real people all around the world and at every second of the day. You will be surrounded by extremely smart and talented colleagues who will be up for any challenge – and who will not hesitate to challenge you.
You will be a part of our Hosting Team to ensure our hosting offerings fit to align with our one-of-a-kind Crew Product Solutions and exceed our customers’ needs. You will have strong working relationships with the application and implementation teams ensuring our solutions are of quality and provide value to the customer solutions. This position is involved in Global Strategic Initiatives. The Hosting team is global with resources located in Sweden, Montreal, Singapore, and New York.
We are looking for a motivated individual with strong technical knowledge combined with the ability and desire to work with complex system installations. This is a customer facing role, so a flair for working with customers and a genuine interest for understanding and solving their technical issues are important.
This position will drive investigations and projects that benefit the Service Center and our customers. You will be a Subject Matter Expert in several aspects of infrastructure, hosted environments and configuration, serving as advisor to other internal stakeholders in projects and programs as well as mentoring Service Engineers. This position will be responsible for the daily and long-term support and service our hosted customers.
- Become an authority on several Airline Crew Management production system installations
- Provide application management, system administration and advanced technical support to Airline Crew Management products, according to the Service Level Agreement(s)
- Requirements definition, design and deployment of complex system installations
- Installing and maintaining cloud based servers
- Deploying, tuning and supporting database cloud cluster technology
- Developing scripts to aid in testing, debugging and gather server statistics
- Assist the client with knowledge injections, proactive problem solving and daily management of the production installation
- Act as the primary infrastructure contact for the customer and work internally with different teams to ensure issues are resolved with quality and within expected timeframe
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Networking and communications or equivalent
- Overall 8+ years of working experience in IT and systems deployment and administration, with 3-5 years hands-on experience working with high-availability production systems
- Expert knowledge of Linux systems (CentOS, RedHat, Suse, Ubuntu)
- Proficient in writing shell and Python script for production support, monitoring, and deployment, along with the ability to reverse engineer script logic and make them more efficient
- Experienced with cloud computing platforms, automation tools, and open source software
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Highly responsible, able to take ownership of issues
- Technical & analytical aptitude
- Self-Starter, with a particular interest and strong abilities in technical problem solving
- Expert in RHEL, with RHCSA/RHCE certification preferred
- Programming skills in a range of languages (Python and Java included)
- Messaging systems such as MQ, ActiveMQ, Qpid
- Database administration and maintenance (Oracle preferred)
- Network design, administration and troubleshooting, Routers/Firewalls/NAT
- XenServer/VMWare, IBM Netapp or similar
- Windows Server and XenApp
- Experience with Active Directory, IdP, SAML, LDAP and similar technologies
- Other: Univa Grid Engine, JBoss/Wildfly
- Customer relationship experience, with Asia and Australia customers preferred
- Able to work independently and within a team
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills; ability to understand and manage relationship and customer satisfaction
Jeppesen offers a competitive salary and benefits package. All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of background verification.