Autodesk Technical Support Specialist (Data Management/DB) in Singapore, Singapore
Technical Support Specialist Data Management
As a global leader in 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software, Autodesk helps people imagine, design, and create a better world. Autodesk accelerates better design through an unparalleled depth of experience and a broad portfolio of software to give customers the power to solve their design, business, and environmental challenges. In addition to designers, architects, engineers, and media and entertainment professionals, Autodesk helps students, educators, and casual creators unlock their creative ideas through user-friendly applications.
Autodesk has a great opportunity within our Technical Support division for a position focused on our Data Management (DM) products, combining Vault, IT, database and networking skills, to work closely with our Partners and Customer to deliver high valued reactive and proactive technical services that reduce risk of downtime while increasing adoption/utilization of our solutions.
* Primary focus is to assist customers and partners by troubleshooting and resolving technical issues related to installation, configuration, integrations and performance tuning of Autodesk s family of Data Management (DM) solutions and in supporting other Autodesk MFG products.
* Responds to customer request for support via telephone, electronic queue, community forums and social media platform.
* Provides software related implementation and maintenance support on Autodesk DM products, collaborating with partner and customer; this may include recommendation of best practices, initial installation and troubleshooting.
* Configuration of DM product maintenance scripts, DM product backup scripts, software and infrastructure upgrades/migration assistance over remote support.
* Demonstrate system capabilities, review software operation and provide information to customer concerning the operation and use of Autodesk DM products.
* Proactive support in advising customers on recommended procedures for potential problems.
* Active participation in the community forums discussion groups to help users find answers to their questions.
* Utilizes internal resources and/or knowledge-based resource and tools to diagnose and resolve technical issues.
* Develop and present formal and informal training on Autodesk products and support issues as assigned.
* Stays current on technical specifications and hardware requirements of Autodesk DM products, including new and soon to be released products.
* Documents customer interactions and problem resolutions through incident tracking and knowledgebase articles. * Documents and report defects and customer requests to product development teams. * Works closely with other technical team members, collaborating and exploring possible solutions to customer problems and inquiries. * Requires using strong interpersonal/customer service skills with both customer and team members while balancing multiple priorities. * Ensures a high degree of customer satisfaction through resolution of customer situations; handling product issues, installations/implementations and upgrades. * Establishes communication with development, testing, and documentation teams during product development cycle while advocating on behalf of the customer. Requirements: * Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field. * Experience troubleshooting software, hardware, database and networking problems. * Experience withMicrosoft SQL Server RDBMS,configuring and troubleshooting SQL Replication (Merge and Snapshot Replication knowledge is required). * Experience with Internet and/or Network infrastructure technologies (Web servers, network topologies firewalls and proxies). * Comprehensive knowledge of the Microsoft Windows server/client environments (IIS, .NET framework, etc.) * Preferably experienced user of Autodesk Manufacturing products (Inventor) and CAD software. * Fluency in English required. Any other language is a plus. * Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to convey complex technical details coherently. * Strong customer service skills including phone etiquette and conflict resolution. * Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills. * Ability to present technical information to a live or virtual audience. * Ability to set priorities of various assignments and complete them within allocated deadlines with little or no supervision * Excellent team player supporting and interacting with other members of a shared responsibility team. * Self-motivated and proactive, possessing strong desire to learn.
Job: *Customer & Product Support
Title: Technical Support Specialist (Data Management/DB)
Requisition ID: 17WD24129