Thomson Reuters TV News Producer (12 month contract) in Singapore, Singapore
Thomson Reuters is the world's leading source of intelligent information for business and professionals. Thomson Reuters combines industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial, media, tax, accounting and science markets. Thomson Reuters is powered by one of the world’s largest news organizations. Thomson Reuters is listed on the NYSE.
Reuters Video Services team is looking for a Producer based in Singapore and will be responsible for delivery of content to broadcasting partners. The candidate should be able to write, shoot and edit video. They will be expected to handle bookings and man the studio for live crosses, and support the wider editorial team in Asia. Some on camera experience is preferred.
The successful candidate for this position will have experience in a TV agency or broadcast television and will be able to work in a fast-paced environment on a busy news file covering general news stories, especially those which are relevant to our Asian broadcast clients. The TV producer will be able to cover a wide range of stories from politics and economy to lifestyle originating from Baghdad and the region. The successful candidate must be a self-starter, willing to work flexible hours and appear on-air with LIVE updates and PTC packages.
- To provide daily LIVE updates on-air for our broadcast client
- To generate story ideas and work with others in the global team to produce stories
- To edit compelling pictures suited to our client needs, in Reuters' mainstream news and niche services.
- To provide client-ready video edits and accompanying scripts to the highest Reuters News standards
- To write scripts quickly and accurately in English.
- To shoot video
- To communicate effectively with colleagues and clients when delivering stories and handling technical/editorial feedback on pictures and scripts.
To stay abreast of new developments in news gathering and transmission technology.
At least 5-7 years experience in TV agency and/or broadcast environment
- Native or near-native English language and excellent script-writing ability
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Willingness to travel to breaking news stories, often at short notice
- Solid technical skills, including FTP delivery, shooting video, editing, laptop newsgathering. Good understanding of social media newsgathering
- Strong communication skills, both with colleagues and clients
- A sharp eye for visual news and story-telling in pictures
- An understanding of client needs both locally and internationally, especially the Asia and emerging markets At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We’ll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Job: *News & Editorial Family Group
Organization: *News Agency
Title: TV News Producer (12 month contract)
Location: Singapore-Singapore-Singapore-SGP-Singapore-1 Raffles Quay
Requisition ID: JREQ086339